Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   crazy drivers drive me crazy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/crazy-drivers-drive-me-crazy-t81552.html)

gypsyquilter 12-08-2010 05:46 PM

on my way home tonight I was waiting to pull out into traffic, saw a car with no lights on (it was very dark) the driver, in her big old fancy 2 seater sportser mercedes decides to turn right in front of me, thankfully she stopped and didn't hit me. She rolled down her window after I motioned to her.... I was able to tell her to turn her lights on...AND TO PUT DOWN HER DARN PHONE AND STOP TEXTING WHILE DRIVING. she wasn't happy with me. oh well.

mommamac 12-08-2010 05:49 PM

she should be thanking you - you probably saved her life!

AlwaysQuilting 12-08-2010 05:51 PM

I know what you mean. I see crazy drivers alot.
The other day a woman pulled up next to me at a light with a book propped up on the steering wheel, yakking on her cell, with a little girl in back seat (looked about 5 or 6 yrs old) but not in a car seat. I honked at her and I got the one finger salute in return.
So I called the police but the light changed and she took off before I got her license number.
I didn't hear of any accidents so I'm hoping she got that little girl home safe.
Idiot.

kbs 12-08-2010 05:54 PM

I know those people drive you crazy, they drive me crazy too. How did we get along before cell phones and texting?

julia58 12-08-2010 06:00 PM

No phones while i'm driving. People need to put them all down while behind the wheel of a car. And that young lady should be thinking of her child, instead of what is coming thru the phone.

sueisallaboutquilts 12-08-2010 06:07 PM

I'm surprised texting isn't illegal while driving. I know in New York State talking on your cell is illegal while driving. Every time I drive home my Mom reminds me every time I call her to let her know where I am on the journey :D
It's not illegal in Ohio.

Cyn 12-08-2010 06:20 PM

She owes you! I'm glad you are ok!

brushandthimble 12-08-2010 06:24 PM

Boy do I know what you mean. Last week guy just moved over into my lane, cars did make contact but he kept going. Good thing there is no damage to my car.

joan_quilts 12-08-2010 07:03 PM

I sure wish they would put a device in cars that would block all texts until the car stops! I don't understand the need to text while driving! So many lost lives over this nonsense.

You can buy a blue tooth device, hands free talking, if you must talk while driving. They costs $20 at Wal-Mart.

In MD, it is illegal to text and drive too, along with using the cell phone without a hands free device. But, how are you going to stop it?

I am glad you are ok.

hannajo 12-08-2010 07:33 PM

Living in New York City, I could write a book on bad drivers. We also have crazy pedestrians here too. I've finally just come to accept it, because I would have gone crazy otherwise.