Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Crocheted Star Ornaments (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/crocheted-star-ornaments-t308596.html)

Tartan 12-14-2019 08:16 AM

Crocheting is easy as you are just making a chain stitch with a hook. These stars would be a great way to learn. Check out some how to crochet videos on YouTube and give them a go!

QuiltE 12-14-2019 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 8340121)
...........I just don't need another hobby haha :)

SusieQOH ... Sure you do!!!!!!!!!!! :D
It really is not hard. Actually pretty mindless, once you catch on.

IrishGalFromNJ ... very nicely done with the crochet cotton.
Your idea of using jute will make for a nice rustic twist is a great one.
As an American, that will give you one terrific patriotic tree garland!! Or for any time of the year! :)

Thanks for sharing. I just might make a bunch for my tree.

BTW ... how did you interpret her "puff stitch"??
I'm thinking yo hook so many times and then sc to close it off ..... or am I off track?? Thanks!

IrishgalfromNJ 12-14-2019 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 8340212)
BTW ... how did you interpret her "puff stitch"??
I'm thinking yo hook so many times and then sc to close it off ..... or am I off track?? Thanks!

QuiteE, I had to look at a tutorial for the puff stitch, you start with a dc but you don't finish it, you leave two loops on the hook and start another dc, don't finish that one and you have three loops on the hook, start one more dc, don't finish it and you have four loops on the hook, yarn over and pull through all four loops and sc to close it off.

TeresaA 12-14-2019 03:44 PM

Those are so cute.

Jingle 12-14-2019 03:51 PM

Your stars are very cute.

I use to crochet, gave it up to quilt all the time. Gave my yarn and hooks to oldest Daughter. I still have tons of croghet threads.

Jordan 12-15-2019 08:10 AM

Those are so cute and very nicely done.

craftymatt2 12-15-2019 11:33 AM

I have made a few of these and added to gift packages, then they have an ornament to hang on the tree

QuiltE 12-15-2019 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ (Post 8340262)
QuiteE, I had to look at a tutorial for the puff stitch, you start with a dc but you don't finish it, you leave two loops on the hook and start another dc, don't finish that one and you have three loops on the hook, start one more dc, don't finish it and you have four loops on the hook, yarn over and pull through all four loops and sc to close it off.

Thanks IrishGalFrom NL ... what I was thinking, just better worded! :)
I've done it with assorted # of partly done DCs ... guess depends on how much puff one wants!! :)

Have the crochet hook, but need to get the cotton.
Will be a good mindless project while watching those mindless Hallmark movies!! :D

sJens 12-15-2019 01:33 PM

cute---thanks for sharing

IrishgalfromNJ 12-17-2019 11:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what they look like made with twine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]621000[/ATTACH]