Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Curious about how far a can of pop will spray? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/curious-about-how-far-can-pop-will-spray-t56606.html)

ekbuckeye 07-28-2010 06:14 AM

About 8 feet in every direction! Dropped an unopened can of pop while putting it in the fridge - on ceramic tile floor - right after steam mopping the floor. I went ahead and swiped a damp mop over the ceiling so there wouldn't be more mess from the drips, then had to shower,change clothes and shoes (my shorts were dripping!). But all the cabinets, counters, fridge, and walls are now super clean from washing 3 times to make sure there aren't any stickies!

And you know what they say about bad things happening in 3s ... we've dropped and broken (on the same floor) barely used bottles of the cat's insulin twice in the last 4 months (this last one is currently clad in bubble wrap and duct tape)!

C.Cal Quilt Girl 07-28-2010 06:17 AM

Ohhhh Noooo !! :)

dakotamaid 07-28-2010 06:37 AM

Been there, done that!! Now all pop is kept in the garage fridge!

At least now your kitchen is summer cleaned!

NCquilter 07-28-2010 11:01 AM

Oh no! I've had that happen before. It was funny, but frustrating! It was on everything: floor, ceiling, walls, everywhere!

2wheelwoman 07-28-2010 11:22 AM

My DH dropped a 2 liter plastic bottle of diet Pepsi on our living room carpet. It landed straight up - and soda shot out the top of that bottle like a geyser. Nothing went sideways...it all went straight up and then rained down on us. It never made it to the cathedral ceiling, but did make a lot of a mess.

icon17 07-28-2010 11:46 AM

Boy I would change my floor if I was rich.

CarrieAnne 07-28-2010 01:43 PM

OPPS!

Lostn51 07-28-2010 01:51 PM

Talking about Diet Pepsi I have a buddy that works for Pepsi and brings over a palette of 2 liter bottles every month or 2 and I keep them in the garage. I have brought bottles in from the hot garage and opened them and they would puke out for 10 minutes because of the heat.

My daughter and I have even taken a few of them out in the back yard and shot them with the Red Ryder BB Guns and they blow up and look really cool when they do.

But yeah if you bring hot sodas in the house dont open bump or look at them funny until they cool off and get back to at least room temp.

Billy

2wheelwoman 07-28-2010 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
look at them funny

hahaha - I wondered what did it!! :lol: :lol:

Lostn51 07-28-2010 04:19 PM

Holly (my daughter) did an experiment for her middle school science project about "Which Soda Fizzed the Longest".

We had Diet Pepsi, Coke, 7UP, Dr Pepper, and A&W Root Beer if we remember correctly (asking my wife right now) and the Diet Pepsi won by a land slide!!

I do not drink hardly any carbonated drinks at all, maybe 4 or 5 a year if that many. But my wife and daughter tear into Diet Pepsi like I do Iced Tea!

Billy