Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Date Night Basket help (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/date-night-basket-help-t110769.html)

LovinMySoldier 03-25-2011 09:15 PM

I want to make up a date night basket for my husband's sister and her hubby. They both are having birthday's so I thought this might be fun. I have such a hard time buying for them. They are both 40. They have 2 small children (we live in different states so I can't babysit). They are mostly vegetarian. I was thinking about buying them a fun comedy movie. I have a soft fuzzy blanket (sorry :( not a quilt, but soft and snuggley). But after that I am at a loss of what else to add. I want to keep this around 50.00. Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated. Or if you have another idea of what to get them lets here it! And gift cards are a no go. :)

gzuslivz 03-25-2011 09:18 PM

How about some snacks. You could include cocoa or tea bags. If you had enough money, you could include a couple of mugs.

earthwalker 03-25-2011 09:28 PM

What a cool idea. How about a bottle of wine and 2 nice glasses (non-alcoholic if necessary) - sometimes you can get vintage glasses cheaply, and they don't have to be the same, sometimes kitchen/homeware stores sell incomplete sets at bargain prices. Crackers, spreads/dips or organic canned olives/coffee/chocolates. When you have little kids you need some "grown-up" stuff to remind you that you're not just Mum and Dad.

LovinMySoldier 03-25-2011 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by earthwalker
What a cool idea. How about a bottle of wine and 2 nice glasses (non-alcoholic if necessary) - sometimes you can get vintage glasses cheaply, and they don't have to be the same, sometimes kitchen/homeware stores sell incomplete sets at bargain prices. Crackers, spreads/dips or organic canned olives/coffee/chocolates. When you have little kids you need some "grown-up" stuff to remind you that you're not just Mum and Dad.

I thought about wine. But then I was worried about it breaking. Since we live in different states I will have to be shipping this. I do like the idea of 2 glasses though.
And snacks! Of course!

starshine 03-25-2011 09:58 PM

Some additional ideas; CDs, special candles, chocolates or whatever their favorite candies.
Maybe you could make up some conversation/memories cards using coloful index cards or cardstock with things like remember our first date, kiss; a favorite meal, favorite restaurant, a time I missed you, something you do that is endearing to me,

dakotamaid 03-26-2011 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier

Originally Posted by earthwalker

I thought about wine. But then I was worried about it breaking. Since we live in different states I will have to be shipping this. I do like the idea of 2 glasses though.
And snacks! Of course!

There are single serving bottles of wine, just pack them in the middle of that blanket!

CarrieAnne 03-26-2011 03:57 AM

Since you are sending a movie, how about popcorn?

Rabs 03-26-2011 04:07 AM

fancy crackers with a $10 bill marked for fresh cheese

a kit for making chocolate fondue

NDQuilts 03-26-2011 04:42 AM

A game, Photos from past events, then there are things on the more "racy" side - a shower curtain and ice cream toppings Just saying.

quiltingnonie 03-26-2011 06:35 AM

Massage Oil! :wink: