Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Dh is coming home! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dh-coming-home-t45514.html)

ginnie6 05-11-2010 04:31 AM

He called me last night! He's been working out of town for months now and only home on the weekends. He has been leaving on Sunday afternoon and coming in on Friday night. He will now for the next 2 months be working only an hour from home....he can drive that! So for 2 months we get him here every night (when will I sew though?). The kids and I are excited! I am going up tonight, spending the night with him and loading part of his tools up and bringing them home. He has so many on the job site that they won't fit in his truck! Then I will rush back home Wed morning to get the kids to their weekly classes. Thursday morning he has to be on the job site here. it will be wonderful to have him home for awhile! Not sure where he will go after this job but we'll worry about that later. As long as he has a job we're grateful. After his being out of work so much the last few years we've learned to not complain.

FunkyMonkey 05-11-2010 05:02 AM

I am so happy for you.. its nice being with your man after missing him for so long!

CarolinePaj 05-11-2010 05:05 AM

Hi Ginnie,

So happy for you and the children.

Hugs

Caroline

CarrieAnne 05-11-2010 05:11 AM

Yeah! So glad that your getting some great news!

Pam 05-11-2010 07:16 AM

Good news! Enjoy having him home, and a safe trip to both of you.

Melinda in Tulsa 05-11-2010 08:40 AM

That is terrific news, Congratulations!!!

Marjpf 05-11-2010 09:36 AM

How exciting! What do you have planned for his welcome home dinner?

wvdek 05-11-2010 10:00 AM

Wonderful news. Enjoy the time together.

Ninnie 05-11-2010 10:00 AM

tht is such great news/11 so happy for you and your kids, enjoy the next 2 monthis

craftybear 05-11-2010 11:14 AM

Great news!

Originally Posted by ginnie6
He called me last night! He's been working out of town for months now and only home on the weekends. He has been leaving on Sunday afternoon and coming in on Friday night. He will now for the next 2 months be working only an hour from home....he can drive that! So for 2 months we get him here every night (when will I sew though?). The kids and I are excited! I am going up tonight, spending the night with him and loading part of his tools up and bringing them home. He has so many on the job site that they won't fit in his truck! Then I will rush back home Wed morning to get the kids to their weekly classes. Thursday morning he has to be on the job site here. it will be wonderful to have him home for awhile! Not sure where he will go after this job but we'll worry about that later. As long as he has a job we're grateful. After his being out of work so much the last few years we've learned to not complain.