Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Did Anyone Go Garage Saling This Weekend? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/did-anyone-go-garage-saling-weekend-t46820.html)

CarrieAnne 05-23-2010 05:17 AM

I finally got to stop at a few! I found a few really nice older quilting books, a few of the Foxfire books, some stainless bowls for the dogs, and several frisbees for the dogs, LOL, thats what I really needed!
Did anyone find any goodies?

cjomomma 05-23-2010 05:55 AM

I went to one but didn't find anything.

TammyD 05-23-2010 06:20 AM

I went to a few. I found a cute crocheted purse with a leather? handle. A perrinal pink flower, some cosmos and two Van Heusan short sleeved shirts, perfect for work.

quiltinghere 05-23-2010 06:44 AM

Just got back from a Flea Market

I got a cute cute cute plant stand that rotates like a ferris wheel (will post picture later)

A stool that has a lift lid seat - that I'll use for a sewing seat.

Hubby got a gas chain saw!

ALL for under $45.00 - such a deal!

amma 05-23-2010 09:04 AM

The two that were close by had prices so high that their tables and racks were still over flowing at the end of the first day... I thought I may stop back by this afternoon to see if they have decided to be more reasonable... :wink:

craftybear 05-23-2010 09:11 AM

didn't go to any but plan on some in the next few weeks

Sue Fish 05-23-2010 09:19 AM

I went and got a brand new Hobbs queen size 80/20 batting for $1 I was so pleased!!
Pretty dish, nice garlic press and a wonderful basket...think I will go take a pic of it and show it here ....garage sales are such fun!

jbud2 05-23-2010 09:57 AM

community yard sale! Hubby got a battery charger for the tractor, and his favorite movie 'THe Blues Brothers' and a big float for the pool, for a quarter. He was so happy!!

I got a big box of fiberfil that had some babyquilt size battings in the bottom for $1!! 4 little dresses for my granddaughter, a 'ballet' skirt and a Dora the Explorer DVD and dance mat for her, too! And a paint set and a flashy pink with sparkles Christmas Tree for her room! She told me at Christmas time when we were out shopping, that a neon green tree was perfect for my house. (She's 2 1/2 - a real fun kid!) And I got buttons for crafting, small canning jars for the ladies who can stuff for our church bazaar, and several Christmas craft books. I saw a box of fabric but it was a bit pricey for a yard sale, and it wasn't my 'style' anyhow.
Next year when this sale comes up, I'd like hubby to stay home and my DIL come along. He hurries me too much!!

craftybear 05-23-2010 10:10 AM

wow

Originally Posted by Sue Fish
I went and got a brand new Hobbs queen size 80/20 batting for $1 I was so pleased!!
Pretty dish, nice garlic press and a wonderful basket...think I will go take a pic of it and show it here ....garage sales are such fun!

Moonpi 05-23-2010 10:15 AM

Slim pickings here this weekend