Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Did you ever notice....and then feel like an idiot? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/did-you-ever-notice-then-feel-like-idiot-t77948.html)

grann of 6 11-22-2010 04:25 AM

that sometimes a person asks a question here on the board that you just can't wait to reply to. No one else has answered the question so you add your reply....only to read your reply duplicated by a dozen or so other people, and you feel like an idiot?

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-22-2010 04:28 AM

Don't feel like an idiot! If dozens of other people agree, you must be right! :)

grann of 6 11-22-2010 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Don't feel like an idiot! If dozens of other people agree, you must be right! :)

Well, I always feel like people think I didn't read the entire thread.

aliaslaceygreen 11-22-2010 04:33 AM

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-22-2010 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter

Yeah, I've done that, too. It must be several people typing all at the same time.

AlwaysQuilting 11-22-2010 04:46 AM

:oops: :oops: I'm guilty of not reading all posts if there are a lot of them :oops: :oops:

mommamac 11-22-2010 05:03 AM

I just figure great quilters think alike!

ptquilts 11-22-2010 05:04 AM

this is a very chatty board, not long ago someone posted a pic of a quilt asking what pattern it was, there were at least three pages of answers saying, Bow Tie; it's a Bow Tie; Yep, it's a Bow Tie, etc etc....

quiltinghere 11-22-2010 05:05 AM

It may happen with me because I don't read the threads if there are too many pages to read in the time alloted to me for playing on the computer.

Sometimes I'll just read a page or two and make a comment if I want to - I won't read 6-7 pages just to comment afterwards.

I just give MY opinion if I think I want to.

KathyAire 11-22-2010 05:06 AM

that sometimes a person asks a question here on the board that you just can't wait to reply to. No one else has answered the question so you add your reply....only to read your reply duplicated by a dozen or so other people, and you feel like an idiot?

Happens many times to me. It has even happened when I thought I was the first one posting. I open the window to respond, by the time I get my thoughts together and get the message typed, my almost exact words are right there three or four posts ahead of me. Feel like a fool, I do.
I guess it just shows that many of us think alike.