Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Did you grow where you were planted? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/did-you-grow-where-you-were-planted-t162348.html)

Wonnie 10-22-2011 07:33 AM

Always curious as to why people live where they live. Grew up in a large city. Dated a fellow who lived in the town I now reside in many, many years ago and I can remember driving through this little town and saying to him, "I just can't imagine living in a little town like this." As fate would have it, the next two people I dated, also, came from this little town! Married one of them and have been here ever since. Now I can't imagine living in a big city!

AlwaysQuilting 10-22-2011 07:39 AM

I grew up in the same state, different city.
I'm only still here because of my married DDs and grandchildren.
If they move, I'm going too!

Up North 10-22-2011 07:40 AM

I live about 9 miles from where I grew up. I grew up in town very small town but always wanted to live in the country. Now I live in the country raised my 5 boys here and cannot imagine living anywhere else.

Pam B 10-22-2011 07:43 AM

I teach in the small town I grew up in. I live outside the nextdoor small town (which is 5 miles west of where I grew up) so I guess you could say I didn't move far. The farthest away I ever lived was 70 miles away when I was in college. Had to go to college to meet my hubby....who was from the small town where we now live. LOL I lived on a farm when growing up and we also live on a farm.

Our son and daughter-in-law live and farm in the area. Middle daughter and her hubby live in a suburb of Cinncinatti which is 2 /12 hours away. I don't know where youngest daughter (a college senior) will end up. She is interviewing for jobs and has no reason to stay in our area. I am having kind of a hard time with that.

DebsShelties 10-22-2011 07:44 AM

I grew up in a state on the other coast

gollytwo 10-22-2011 07:47 AM

I grew up in NYC and lived in the house I was born in (not literally, however) most of my life, Bought a 2 family house with my ex. I moved to NH in 1996 when I was sixty; he came up 2 years later.

MamaQuilter 10-22-2011 07:47 AM

yep, I lived a town away from where I live now and growing up I said I would never live in this town. See what we do for love. :) :)

bluteddi 10-22-2011 07:54 AM

I"m a native , born and bred , as they say, TEXAN..... I's still be in TX if it weren't for my DH.... met and married him.. he already had a a house and the market was poor for selling.... retired so jobs dont mean much to us in where we live... but as other have said.... when he goes , I'm headed back to TX.... we visit freq but it's just not the same being so far away from the GK's....I guess I have the age old story .... I follow a man up here to the great north...... it was a good decision... he is my prince in rusty armor ( he is older... thus the rust, hehehe)

Iamquilter 10-22-2011 07:58 AM

I grew up in the country and now live only two miles from that spot only 300 people here.

blueangel 10-22-2011 07:58 AM

I was born in Tennessee but now live in Kansas.