Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   did your cat ever.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/did-your-cat-ever-t135928.html)

ljfox 07-07-2011 02:50 PM

My cat steals my socks and lines them up in the hallway. She "sings" to them as she hauls them. I think she thinks they are her babies or something.

Dolphyngyrl 07-07-2011 03:41 PM

Really that sounds like a cute kids book story burglar cat

eastermarie 07-07-2011 03:42 PM

We had a cat that would steal the corn cobs out of the neighbors trash and drag them across the driveway and chew on them. He was also the one that dug up every pansy she planted in her flower bed. She'd replant them and he'd dig them up again and toss them out of the bed.

jbud2 07-07-2011 03:49 PM

We had a dog that would go to the neighbors' and bring home their their dishes/containers they would set outside with tablescraps in, for their cats!

JanetM 07-07-2011 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
No not pepperoni, but we had a cat that would bring home socks from the neighbors. This was back when most houses had the washer & dryer in the garage so it was quite normal to have baskets of laundry in the garage waiting to be done. If someone left their garage open our cat would without fail rifle through their laundry & bring home socks.

So THAT IS WHERE THEY DISAPPEAR :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stacey 07-07-2011 06:32 PM

That story is too funny. And I love your cat's name.

mamahippychicky 07-07-2011 06:32 PM

One of our cats used to bring home food for the other cats... guess he thought we didn't feed them enough or something :)

That all came to an end after he was hit by a car while out 'shopping' and he is now a three-legged cat. Well, I thought it would all end, but when I got up yesterday morning I found some chicken bones on the dining room floor.

Is there therapy for them do you think?

gypsyquilter 07-07-2011 06:34 PM

dear cat, please, no more pepperoni, bring home t-bones!!

chris_quilts 07-07-2011 06:39 PM

We had a dog once that brought home 1 brand new running shoe, NOT my size. Wonder what the poor woman thought when she couldn't find the 2nd shoe? He also brought home a teddy bear once.

luckylindy333 07-07-2011 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
No not pepperoni, but we had a cat that would bring home socks from the neighbors. This was back when most houses had the washer & dryer in the garage so it was quite normal to have baskets of laundry in the garage waiting to be done. If someone left their garage open our cat would without fail rifle through their laundry & bring home socks.

My Siamese cat, Suki, used to bring home socks! Once on two consecutive trips to the neighbors she brought home two matching socks... we used to play fetch with her with a rolled-up sock... gosh, I miss that cat...