Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Didn't see a post like this: What is the nicest/cutest inexpensive gift you got? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/didnt-see-post-like-what-nicest-cutest-inexpensive-gift-you-got-t33081.html)

Mousie 01-03-2010 04:49 PM

I just love the pair of snowman socks I got.
Someone gave me a handmade ornament that I love too.
I always, love the cards my grandbaby makes for me.
Big things are exciting, but I love my little ones too.
Not only would I love to hear what small things you got, and how you feel about them, but
it will help me make a list for stocking stuffers and the like for this year :lol:

Ybridgegal 01-03-2010 05:23 PM

My best two gifts were from my GD's. The 5 yr old drew a picture of our home with stars, which she had just learned to make, and it was heavily wrapped in a coloring book page and of course tape. The 6 yr old wasn't going to be out down by her cousin. I had given her some fabric pieces in the late summer. All the females in the family got braclets cut in a variety of shapes some with wrist holes most not. But mine fit just right and had a unique design in the cutting.

Got to love the little ones

karielt 01-04-2010 12:23 PM

My daughter made me a bracelet with shrink plastic she printed pictures of my grandaughter on it then baked it is shrank into little pictures and she attached it to a silver chain. Now I can show off at work I love it.

SulaBug 01-04-2010 12:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Our 14 year old GD loves to draw. She gave us copies of her recent black & white drawing. There is nothing like a home made gift, from those we care for. Here is just one example of her drawings. Enjoy everyone!!
:D :D :D :D

Drawing from our 14 year old GD for Christmas.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62326[/ATTACH]

julie 01-04-2010 01:35 PM

The nicest and cutest gifts I got were pictures of my 4 grandsons. ( I don't have any granddaughers). I also got a really warm pair of blue socks with snowflakes on them. I didn't want to take them off!

grammatjr 01-04-2010 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
Our 14 year old GD loves to draw. She gave us copies of her recent black & white drawing. There is nothing like a home made gift, from those we care for. Here is just one example of her drawings. Enjoy everyone!!
:D :D :D :D

Wow! she draws great! Does she hire out?

amma 01-04-2010 02:24 PM

WOW!!! Sulabug!!! :shock:
She is very talented!!!
Have you introduced her to
fabric painting yet :wink::D:D

amma 01-04-2010 02:28 PM

I keep a box in the closet where I put little things all year long that I pick up for gifts. When I find some little cute thing that reminds me of someone, in it goes :D:D:D
It could be a necklace, pair of cute socks, a charm, tshirt, keychain, miniatures....no rhyme nor reason...just something that catches my and and says "so and so would LOVE this" :D:D:D

MadQuilter 01-04-2010 04:49 PM

My MIL got me a bottle of Cabernet. She told me that she wanted to get me the brand I like but she couldn't afford it, so I would just have to settle for the cheap stuff. I cracked up. (Her choice is actually not bad.)

CajunQuilter2 01-04-2010 07:55 PM

Best gifts were pics of granddaughter and toe socks.