Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do these new teeth.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-these-new-teeth-t153452.html)

suebee 09-16-2011 05:06 PM

LMBO!!!

Originally Posted by clem55
I am laughing at the lower ad I'm seeing now, it's a spray for dog breath!!LOL
now there is one for low cost dental clinics!!LOL

SuziC 09-16-2011 05:20 PM

I envy you..they look awesome! I am looking at having to do the denture route soon and am scared to death!!!

Gramof6 09-16-2011 09:52 PM

I love your toofers. I had all of my own teeth taken out and the new ones slapped right in, 15 yrs ago. Then had to have 4 mini implants inserted in the bottom. I love my teeth. I hope you love yours as well. I have a friend that has a Husky/Malamute dog. Her MIL came to visit for a week and at night would put her teeth in aglass on the bedside table. Well one night Maxx decided that he wpould take the glass & all to the living room and play with the new toys. Yup.....her MIL had to get new teeth and my friend had to pay for them. Poor MIL was without teeth for quite a few days! I would have just croaked! But it is a funny story now. LOL

leiladylei54 09-17-2011 12:10 AM

They look great....doesn't make your mouth look big. Very natural looking.

May in Jersey 09-17-2011 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Gramof6
I love your toofers. I had all of my own teeth taken out and the new ones slapped right in, 15 yrs ago. Then had to have 4 mini implants inserted in the bottom. I love my teeth. I hope you love yours as well. I have a friend that has a Husky/Malamute dog. Her MIL came to visit for a week and at night would put her teeth in aglass on the bedside table. Well one night Maxx decided that he wpould take the glass & all to the living room and play with the new toys. Yup.....her MIL had to get new teeth and my friend had to pay for them. Poor MIL was without teeth for quite a few days! I would have just croaked! But it is a funny story now. LOL

This is just too funny, not to the person who it happened to though. Maybe her MIL should have slept with her teeth in her mouth, LOL

cheri62 09-17-2011 12:54 AM

I think they look great.

Phyllis42 09-17-2011 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie

Originally Posted by clem55
You go girl! They look great and so very natural. Plate or screw in? How the heck did you lose the other?

Hi, Carol. My "fangs" are mine and I've worn a partial upper for about 10 yrs or more. There is a metal connector on each fang.

Who know how I lost them! Believe it was my love of popcorn. "Reclining" in the evening and munching. Gets stuck between the teeth and because I live alone and the dog doesn't care, I sometimes remove the teeth and use a toothpick to clean them. Then I lay them down on a paper towel to take to the master bathroom at bed time later. 'course I throw out the popcorn bag, etc. before I retire so I can only think I grabbed the towel with teeth and tossed it. Went to put the garbage out for collection first thing in the am....well, you get it! By the time I was ready to groom myself for the day, the garbage had been picked up!
I looked for them for days; every pocket, under every stick of furniture, the fridge, the kitchen drawers, the dog bed, the car ? (hey, I was desperate).

Also I am a Medicaid client and guess who stopped covering dental this year?? So I might have had to go without! Fortunately I found a company that gives interest free loans for such medical, dental and even veterinarian issues.

These are "loaners" for the weekend and will go back for more work on Monday.

So the denture is a new one, but wearing one is not!

Your dentures look great. Always good to have a great denturist. One dentist apparently took my "don't change my smile or look" as a threat and wouldn't make my lower dentures. But he still sends me check up post cards!

Sunflower Girl 09-17-2011 03:17 AM

You look divine!!!

Sunflower Girl 09-17-2011 03:17 AM

You look divine darling!!!

cjaye44 09-17-2011 04:55 AM

Very natural looking....they look great.