Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you decorate for Halloween? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-decorate-halloween-t67847.html)

lalaland 10-02-2010 09:46 AM

I love Halloween. I keep it going all year 'round - my office at work is full of Halloween type decorations, my favorite being an alien skull that I put a different hat on every month.

kwiltkrazy 10-02-2010 10:09 AM

Use to decorate to the hilt when the boys were still here, but don't any more. Halloween is my favorite holiday, though. I love the kids and their excitement, and their adorable costumes. We use to have about 125 trt'ers but now we only get about 30. Alot of them are children(use to be) that grew up with my boys, and they bring their kids to trt up here. So neat to see the little ones.

Ms. Shawn 10-02-2010 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I have been working on decorations for outside. We have a bunch of kids in the apartment building I live in and they love it when I decorate for Halloween, thanksgiving and Christmas. I will post pictures when I'm done but I want to know if anyone else does this too. If you have pic's post them for us to see, please.

Yes I do but just inside! Have not started to decorate yet!! Can't seem to leave this board or my sewing long enough! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robinlee 10-02-2010 11:02 AM

If we weren't moving by then, I would decorate to the hilt this year. No little ones, my DGC live to far away, but I still love to decorate.
Next year, I will decorate all out, we will live on the edge of the new town we are moving too. All I can do right now it put up my halloween window clings. And I am making sure the christmas lights an outdoor stuff is easy to get to so I can really decorate this year. Last year in the Turtle Mountains the snow came on the first day of Dec. and didn't stop till the end of April, so didn't get them up.

slk350 10-02-2010 11:13 AM

I have a blast with Halloween.I put up ghosts, spiders in trees, we carve pumpkins, spider webs hanging on trees and on my door and to top it all off ...I dress up as a witch and give out the candy and play spooky music thru my front window. BOO !! I like to decorate for Halloween more than X-Mas. I live in a gated comm. in FL now so I'm not as bad as I was up in New England. It's so much fun.

grann of 6 10-02-2010 11:20 AM

I have a Halloween village I put in my bay window, but with the dogs constantly looking out the window, I have to be careful they don't pull them off. My oldest son's birthday is on Halloween and several other members of our extended family, so we used to do a lot of decorating. At this stage in my life I figure if I get all the stuff out, I have to put it away, so not much is getting done this year, just some wall hangings and such.

Quiltforme 10-02-2010 02:20 PM

I have some disney characters that I put up but not the outside.

sewnsewer2 10-02-2010 02:46 PM

I don't decorate either except for a couple of things I put on my table. No kids come around, so we don't give out candy any more because of it. One year we had 3 kids. Gave up after that.

annyroony2 10-02-2010 02:51 PM

I did when the kids were home, but they are grown and have families of their own. Now the grandkids don't seem to care as much about halloween. They go to schools and church festivals.

carolaug 10-02-2010 05:19 PM

I did when the kids where young and at home...I don't now and will not again until I have grandkids that are old enough to enjoy it...for now I will save my money for more fabric. ; )