Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you do other crafts besides quilting> (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-do-other-crafts-besides-quilting%3E-t58113.html)

patsyo56721 08-08-2010 06:04 PM

Beautiful work. I have done cross stitch but I am into plastic canvas now, learning to knit and I also crochet.

p38flygirl 08-08-2010 06:36 PM

I love to quilt, some simple crochet, machine embroidery and some jewelry making....
p38flygirl

Aunt Retta 08-08-2010 06:49 PM

I have lots of loves. Polmer clay, miniatures, scrapbooking, sewing dollclothes, cardmaking, crocheting, want to learn to knit and to do plastic canvas. I did cross stitch for many years. But I do not see as well as I did then.

grandma Janice 08-08-2010 07:28 PM

I use to do lots of things but now I only do quilting, cross stith, crocheting, and scrapbooking. I tried several times to learn to tat, no luck. I learned to do the basics but when I tried to make something, I ended up with knots. decided it wasn't for me.

Drew 08-09-2010 09:25 AM

OK, Went to ecstasy.com. That website is NOT for pergamano. Could you suggest another site?

Thanks!

mayday 08-09-2010 09:35 AM

have fine crocheted, embroidered, lampshades made, straw dollies often for fundraising for dog rescue but lampshades solely for me!

Mornigstar 08-09-2010 04:20 PM

Interested in those sandals but not sure I would wear them in Ontario--yrs ago I got crochet pattern for a bathing suit and even a sandals pattern but you need
leather soles for them . Oh well can no longer wear that kind of bathing suit but it was in many dreams while I was making things for other people.
I did see some bead stings that one lady here makes for feet.

Originally Posted by SharonAnne
I dabble in crocheting (made the shrug in my Avatar). Am also in the process of making thread crocheted barefoot sandals. I love those things. Used to do counted cross stitch - a lot of sweatshirts for friends and family. My grandmother taught me to tat, but I have totally lost that ability that I never really had. All thumbs with it. Want to learn to paint, but haven't done anything with that desire yet. Other hobbies are vegetable and flower gardening, although that's not really a craft. **I love the candles and am very impressed with the samplers***. Does anyone on this board tat? I think it is coming back into vogue.

:lol:

Dee 08-09-2010 06:16 PM

Paint ceramics, crochet, sew, embroidery, make cards, knit, needlepoint, lots of diffent craft. Love the glue gun and enjoy being retired. 8-) :-D

zz-pd 08-09-2010 10:45 PM

I have done all sorts of crafts, but crocheting has been the one I have done most of all, until quilting came a long. God bless.

Catlady 08-10-2010 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Drew
OK, Went to ecstasy.com. That website is NOT for pergamano. Could you suggest another site?

Thanks!

sorry about that. The correct site is www.ecstasycrafts.com.