Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do You Do Your Christmas Shopping At The Store or Online? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-do-your-christmas-shopping-store-online-t235902.html)

EllieGirl 12-02-2013 10:32 AM

Do You Do Your Christmas Shopping At The Store or Online?

I only have my four grandchildren and my mother to buy for. DH & I focus on our anniversary which is the 23rd, and I told my kids to not buy something for me to save them money. I have one more present to buy, and I have bought everything on Amazon. I con't remember the last time I went shopping at a store for presents. It's just really nice avoiding the craziness this time of year.

Diannia 12-02-2013 10:58 AM

This is the 1st year I've mostly shopped online. I have my DH, 10 grands, 3 kids and their spouses, inlaws, and 1 brother and his family I buy for. I've bought most of the grands presents online, the inlaws will be ordered, I'm ordering a few things for DH and my brother's family has been online. I'll still pick up a few things at the stores but not nearly what I usually do!

gramajo 12-02-2013 10:59 AM

Most of my shopping has been done online. It's been so nice having everything delivered to my door. I have been to LQS for fabric for gifts I'm making. I hate the crowds at the stores. I'm almost done. Yea for me!

QuiltnNan 12-02-2013 11:44 AM

i usually shop in my sewing room :) :)

nygal 12-02-2013 12:01 PM

I shop on line 97% of the time. IT comes right to my door and I don't have to worry about finding a parking spot. My days of enjoying walking the malls has been over for a few years. Been there done that. I don't miss it at all.

grannie cheechee 12-02-2013 12:50 PM

I just go to the bank, and get money to send my family. LOL I can't get the sizes right or they already have it. All are out of state. 6 grands, and 14 great-grands. I don't like the crowds, and its bad enough going to the grocery stores.

Tartan 12-02-2013 12:53 PM

​I go to Walmart for stocking stuffers and usually do the rest in gift certificates/cards.

NJ Quilter 12-02-2013 12:56 PM

I'm a dinosaur and still shop in the stores for the most part. We buy for the nieces/nephews (most of whom are out of state so they get gift cards); a couple of close friends and that is basically it. DH & I stopped exchanging gifts - with the exception of a tree ornament a few years ago. We have everything we need and buy pretty much whatever we want/need at the time. Don't have enough room to have more stuff. My sibs & I used to pick names but I think we've gotten away from that now as well. Still can't convince my one SIL to NOT send us gifts from the nephews. It's usually some quirky Christmasy thing times 3.

lynnie 12-02-2013 01:08 PM

I buy in stores, and early, like September. I wait til nov to buy for my son (24) he got the air I pad this year

Pam B 12-02-2013 01:14 PM

I avoid doing things on- line as much as possible. I shop at off-peak times and since our children are grown we give them cash and only buy for our 17 month old grandchild. I am also the person who hangs up when I call a business and get a computer answering the phone instead of a person.