Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do You Ever Get the Impression that.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-ever-get-impression-t120448.html)

Holice 05-02-2011 09:16 PM

One's original question never gets answered because the discussion strays down all kinds of paths away from the original............and your comments or answers just disappear down a black hole because there is never any comment or acknowedge made of it. It does get discouraging...
......and you spend unnecessary time because the subject doesn't give a clue as to what the question is which would give you some idea as to whether you can or want to comment.
Ah well....can't sleep tonight so just giving some random thoughts about the Board.

TonnieLoree 05-02-2011 09:22 PM

So, what do you suppose this thread will be talking about in a few hours? I know what you mean though. ;-)

Quiltforme 05-02-2011 09:30 PM

Sometimes i learn more from the rabbit trails than I do the original question. I find our group thinks more like me (scary sometimes:)) Hope you can fall asleep soon!

np3 05-02-2011 09:31 PM

I think that does happen sometimes. Actually, it happens a lot. There are times when I think I have wasted my time adding a comment and other times I fee like I have contributed a lot to the discussion. I think that the first two or three pages are usually productive. When they get much longer than that they start to drift. I have stopped posted to the longer threads.

Airwick156 05-02-2011 09:33 PM

Oh the strawberry shortcake was delicious and Fred told George the ducks.....oh wait....thats not what this thread is about......

Couldnt resist but I do know what you mean. :)

dunster 05-02-2011 10:06 PM

Airwick, I know which ducks you mean but no one else will.

Maybe threads should be limited to 5 pages or so. After that it becomes less of a conversation and more of a marathon.

dreammz 05-03-2011 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by dunster

Maybe threads should be limited to 5 pages or so. After that it becomes less of a conversation and more of a marathon.

I love marathon thread!
No? not the topic??

patricej 05-03-2011 01:12 AM

makes me wonder ... do we post in the way we approach our quilting? or is it the other way around?

SQUIRREL!!!

Scrap Happy 05-03-2011 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by dreammz

Originally Posted by dunster

I love marathon thread!
No? not the topic??

A quilting marathon? Oh goodie, where? When? What will everyone be working on?

Painiacs 05-03-2011 01:27 AM

Whose running a marathon? That's crazy!