Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you have a George Forman grill? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-have-george-forman-grill-t58018.html)

burnsk 08-05-2010 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I love my grill!! It is one of the few things like this I have really used a lot! My biggest complaint was cleaning it. So I came up with a great way to do it!
As soon as you unplug the grill, wet a few paper towels and lay them on the grill, then close it. Later when the grill is cool, it will wipe clean easily. Then it's just a matter of washing it off and put it away!
With this hot weather, I don't even want to go outside to use the grill if I can use the GF grill...... :thumbup: :-D

That's exactly what I do to clean mine. I absolutely love mine and it's just perfect for the 2 of us. It is so handy.

barbsbus 08-05-2010 09:22 PM

We learned about the George Forman grill while my DH was at a VA school for the blind. His instructor showed us how DH could cook meat or veggies and the day I went for my day of instruction he cooked a delicious pork chop and grilled veggies without burning himself or the food. I was really impressed so we bought one. I usually do most of the cooking but every once in a while he will cook for us.
I really spoil him and probably should insist that he does more so he can take care of himself if there comes a time when I can't. But in real time, it is so much easier to do it myself, said the little red hen.

Harmony 08-05-2010 09:30 PM

Great suggestion--thank you! I find that I don't use mine because it's such a pain to clean! I'll try this!

Judy in Waco 08-05-2010 09:41 PM

We love our GF grill! Thanks for the cleaning suggestion. We clean ours up by heating it and wiping it out, but your idea sounds great.

We love cooking tilapia on it. So easy and quick.

sew4fun 08-06-2010 02:58 AM

Good cleaning hint. Will try that the next time I use ours.

zennia 08-06-2010 04:15 AM

Yes I have one and love it.

Judy, I never thought about cooking tilapia on it but I will try it tonight. Thanks for the idea.

lisainmo 08-06-2010 04:24 AM

I have one..but it's still in the box...guess I should get it out and try it...thanks for the ideas on cleaning it up when done.

sunflower126 08-06-2010 04:36 AM

This is my second one. This one has the removable trays and they can just be put into the dishwasher. (I have only done that once) Removing them and washing in sink is much easier and quicker and it can be put away as soon as I am done using it. I used the paper towel method on the old one and it did work.

sbeddingfield 08-06-2010 04:48 AM

Thanks - I'm going to get mine out again.

mamapeggy11 08-06-2010 12:50 PM

They are wondeful - one of my son's uses it alot and my GD calls it daddy's lean green grillin' machine....LOL