Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you have a "GO" bag? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-have-go-bag-t213191.html)

SewExtremeSeams 02-09-2013 06:38 AM

I had a go back with hand sewing, embroidery and yo-yo circles already cut out. But, I ran into problems with my arthritic hands so had to quit. Replaced it with a Kindle. I am planning to restart and just go a little easier so I can at least get some things done even if it is at a slower place. The things that happen to a gal when she gets older... my, my!:D

oleganny 02-09-2013 07:47 AM

I never leave home without my sock bag. I always have socks on the needles & they are the perfect size to work on in the car, & pretty much mindless knitting. I have 3x5 cards in it with the particulars of all that I knit socks for.

hugs
Shirley in Indiana

irishrose 02-09-2013 09:07 AM

I have a 'school bag' that needs to be renamed as I am retired. It has two different table runners started in it. One a GFG and one with yoyos. I like your name and would like to 'borrow' it. I should say 'use' as I don't plan on returning it.

IBQUILTIN 02-09-2013 09:19 AM

I try to have a couple of panels done into baby quilts that just need the binding hand stitched, and have sold more baby quilts in the Dr's office than I have online. People just love it when they see you doing the handwork

Tothill 02-09-2013 09:25 AM

No dedicated bag, but I have made a lot of scarves while in meetings.

I always have at least one book with me. A paperback and a few dozen on my Iphone.

I used to do a lot of cross stitch away from home, but my glasses are wrong for close hand work. It is frustrating to have the glasses on and off over and over. I need to buy a dedicated pair just for close work.

Wonnie 02-09-2013 12:27 PM

My purse usually carries a book or my Kindle as, like most of you, I just can't be idle. Tried taking sewing with me in the car but I'm usually the driver so that didn't work out and on the rare occasion I'm the passenger I do enjoy watching the scenery because as a driver all I ever see is the road and the cars in front and behind me! :)

onaemtnest 02-09-2013 01:44 PM

How in the world could anyone named "Onalee" be in any way odd????? Hi Girlfriend!

I personally have a Yazzii brand organizer craft bag ready to take with me, guild, trips, doctor appts...ect. I find the most useful for my hand sewing is the Large size, which Joann's has on sale now for 50% off making it $14.99. www.joann.com/search/_yazzii%20large%20organizer%20with%20pages-%20black%20cotton/

Check out the reviews there I'm not the only one that really likes this bag. It is extremely well made. It has clear pockets for scissors, threads, needles, thimble etc....I saw these Yazzii bags at the Houston Quilt Show for much more $$$$ and just knew someday I'd have one...well maybe more than one, as it has turned out. I have two with a new one from this sale on the way.

I have one strict rule for myself when it comes to my go bags. Once I put scissors, thimbles, thread for a project, I never allow myself to take/borrow scissors, thread, thimbles etc... from my go bags. That way I'm always assured that the items I need for the project is always there and I haven't forgotten to return items, then find I'm missing something when I 'go'....

This works for me!

Hugs to you Michigander Onalee, from Idaho Onalee

maryb44662 02-09-2013 02:40 PM

"GO" bag

I usually just use a small duffle bag or the tote I made with outside pockets (embroidered with sewing designs), depending on the size of project that I am working on. Zip lock bags with the small stuff to keep from going to the bottom of the bags..lol

efayard 02-10-2013 09:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I love to hand applique and have a project ready in my Go bag. I have a Vera Bradley hanging organizer that I use. A couple of clear zipper pockets for threads, etc. A small zippered pouch at the top and a larger at the bottom. Very handy.

buslady 02-10-2013 07:11 PM

Great ideas being shared! Hi, Onalee, we havent talked in a while. I hope you and Rex are doing well! That bag is tempting, but the one I use is prob twice as big. It does have a couple pockets, the rest is "ORGANIZED" IN ZIPPER BAGS? I AM enjoying reading everyones ideas. Onalee, did i tell you that we moved out by the lake? Absolutely love it.