Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you let your housework go? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-let-your-housework-go-t194090.html)

damaquilts 07-10-2012 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 5351088)
A spotless house is the sign of a broken sewing machine.

I love this. LOL

mommawz 07-10-2012 03:56 AM

I used to do that, But my house will need cleaned after I'm dead, The quilts I make will keep someone warm for a long time

QuiltMom2 07-10-2012 03:56 AM

I tell people "If you're coming to see me, come anytime. If you're coming to see my house, Call first!!!"

Krystyna 07-10-2012 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess (Post 5351053)
You need an hour to prepare for guests? I need a week!

Same here. Fabric everywhere!

damaquilts 07-10-2012 03:58 AM

When I was married, eons ago, I had 2 kids and a dog and a husband that never lifted a finger around the house and my house was spotless,really could eat off the floor, couldnt' tell I had kids or a dog. After my divorce I lived alone and had a white apartment. Then I learned. Who cares?? !! who was I doing it for? I am in a situation now where I clean up my own messes and everyone elses is theirs. I really don't care if the house is spotless. I figure if someone are coming to see the house that's their problem. lol They can clean if it bothers them :)

AUQuilter 07-10-2012 04:03 AM

Amen! Well said, SouthPStitches.

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches (Post 5351067)
You only come this way once so do whatever gives you joy. My house is picked up, beds made, dishes done, laundry usually caught up, and I do make decent suppers. It's a house well lived in. If anyone is coming over to judge my housekeeping or quilting skills, they need not bother!

salemrabbits 07-10-2012 04:03 AM

why have the stress? I see the house, but look past the dust and clutter. I have worked my tail off for many years and tried to keep a house. I was successful in business-not so in housework. Can't do everything! I am now working on a room to have for myself, my cave........with wonderful color and light-where I can escape whenever I want. Housework??????????? not for me- if I see the "I cleaned my house yesterday..." sign I will buy it too! I retired 2 weeks ago, I have to get myself in house mode

May in Jersey 07-10-2012 04:05 AM

Just received this in an email and it fits this discussion so well.

Addicted to Quilting

She Learned to Quilt on MONDAY.
Her stitches all were fine.
She forgot to make us dinner.
So we all went out to dine.

She quilted miniatures on TUESDAY.
She says they are a must.
They really were quite lovely.
But She forgot to dust.

On WEDNESDAY it was a sampler.
She says stippling's fun.
What Highlights What Shadows!
But The LAUNDRY wasn't done.

Nine Patches were on THURSDAY.
Green, Yellow, Blue, and red.
I guess she really was engrossed.
She never made the bed.

It was wall hangings on FRIDAY,
In colors she adores.
It never bothered her at all
that crumbs were on the floor.

I found a maid on SATURDAY.
My week is now complete.
My wife can quilt the hours away.
The house will still be neat.

Well, now its only SUNDAY.
I think I'm about to wilt.
I cursed, I raved, I ranted
Cause the Maid has learned to QUILT !

sparkys_mom 07-10-2012 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 5351096)
As SouthPStitches said, "It's a house well lived in." That's our place.

And it takes several days to prepare for over night company. We (meaning DH and I) just remarked last night that we need to invite someone over about once a week! :D

That's what I need to do - have guests about once a week. :)

nygal 07-10-2012 04:10 AM

Oh how sweet that is!! I love it.