Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   do you recommend your printer? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-recommend-your-printer-t119376.html)

kriscraft99 04-28-2011 05:45 AM

I'm looking for a very reasonably priced printer, ink jet that does a good job with printing graphics & pictures.

Do you have one that you recommend?

Thank you for your insight :)

Kris

wolph33 04-28-2011 06:07 AM

sure do canon mx860-was 200.00 they have another model for 100.00 .mine uses 5 tanks and does great photos.with 5 tanks you replace each color as they run out,with a tri color cartridge if you run out of cyan your tank is useless even if you still have the other two colors.generic replacement tanks are very cheap on e-bay.less than 1.50 each.

lllog 04-28-2011 06:12 AM

I buy Cannon's, they have excelent printing capabilies, both in text and graphics. Also, it's ceaper to buy a new one than 2 ink cartages used in them.

Lanny

amy WI 04-28-2011 06:31 AM

I just bought the new Kodak printer. the ink is cheaper and the quality is great! It has a scanner and is really easy to use.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 04-28-2011 06:55 AM

I have an Epson Photo Stylus. It prints beautiful pictures and does so fairly quickly.

The ink is EXPENSIVE -- about $90 if you get name brand. It uses a cartridge for each color.

jdiane318 04-28-2011 07:09 AM

I am a huge fan of Hewlett-Packard. I have been using them since 2000. I haven't wore one out, just upgraded and gifted the older ones to friends/non-profits. The one I have now is one I got on Craigslist for $30, it is HP Officejet 5610v All-in-One. It copies, scans, prints and even has a fax. For me, it acts as another caller Id so when I am busy, I can glance and see if I want to get it without worrying about answering a phone. Check your Craiglslist. I have to admit that the guy I got this newer one from was very generous, he threw in 5 packages of unused, unopened ink cartridges. Find one that has reasonably priced ink, too.

With graphics, might want a photo jet copier.

bakermom 04-28-2011 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
I have an Epson Photo Stylus. It prints beautiful pictures and does so fairly quickly.

The ink is EXPENSIVE -- about $90 if you get name brand. It uses a cartridge for each color.

i have the rx580. The ink can get expensive, I try to get the bundles at Sam's. mine has a photo restoration feature i've used on old family photos. They turned out great. I've mad eseveral photo quilts with it with good results too.

irishrose 04-28-2011 07:46 AM

I have a HP 1610 and an Epson WorkForce 500. Both work well, but the ink for both is expensive. The HP cartridges can be refilled - Walgreen's does a good job, but the Epson's can't. Off to ebay. I never thought of that source.

carhop 04-28-2011 12:45 PM

I have the HP Photosmart all in one and have not any trouble with it sence07

ssgramma 04-28-2011 01:09 PM

Canon fan here. Last one lasted 6+ years and now I have an all-in-one MX340.