Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do You Sleep With Men? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-sleep-men-t37887.html)

marsye 02-25-2010 03:49 AM

Geeze....I meant your husband. I love my husband but sometimes I sleep in the guest room for a better nights sleep. He snores like a river barge and kicks like a kangaroo! :twisted:

quazyquilter 02-25-2010 04:08 AM

And so early in the morning girl...are you trying to wake up the others? Yes, on occasion when my boyfriend is in town, we sleep together, there I've said it! And since we both snore, it doesn't create that much of a problem!

Lisanne 02-25-2010 04:19 AM

Has he been checked for sleep apnea?

tlrnhi 02-25-2010 04:32 AM

I've found that a "kidney check" works wonders on the snorer. That sharp elbow in their kidney area usually wakes them up enough to get them to stop so I can get to sleep.
Oh, do I admit to doing it? Nope, I pretend I'm asleep and it was something that happened while I was dreaming. lol

Ninnie 02-25-2010 04:35 AM

I have the answer!! :-D Just whistle real sharp, and loud, he will stop snoring!! You might have to do it 3 or 4 times, but he will get tired of having his deep sleep interrupted, and turn over on his side. :lol: :lol: And It should'n wake him up, but if it does, he won't know why he wakes up. :-D :-D This works, I use it on DH sometimes, but don't tell him :roll: :roll:

marsye 02-25-2010 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I've found that a "kidney check" works wonders on the snorer. That sharp elbow in their kidney area usually wakes them up enough to get them to stop so I can get to sleep.
Oh, do I admit to doing it? Nope, I pretend I'm asleep and it was something that happened while I was dreaming. lol

Things that go bump in the night :lol:

tlrnhi 02-25-2010 04:46 AM

Exactly!!! lol

ritamaew 02-25-2010 04:53 AM

Please have your husband checked by a doctor for sleep apnea. The loud snoring and kicking are symptoms. He made need a CPAP machine. Lack of deep sleep can lead to serious health problems like stroke and heart attack.

I am a CPAP user and feel so much better than I used to.

Rita

Elisabrat 02-25-2010 05:18 AM

How bout one that grinds their teeth? oh joy. Actually I would take the grinding teeth its the darned cat that has dimentia, is deaf and screams all night long because he is lost so I sleep with the friggen cat on the couch most nights. I start in bed. If I get three hours there I am a little heaven. I would sleep with anyone at this point if sleep had everything to do with it. They could snore. No problemo just dont scream in my ear at 1 am 2 am.. yipes.

Elisabrat 02-25-2010 05:19 AM

Pillow for the back? snoring is worse if they sleep on their back.. sides the air gets in better for some reason. I think the old delivery works pretty good a gentle tap with a sharp cold knee.. works wonders at getting someone to turn over. Chill your hand first then apply it to a belly should get that puppy on his side in no time at all.