Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   do you still have your wedding dress? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-still-have-your-wedding-dress-t161790.html)

Hosta 10-20-2011 02:51 AM

found mine the other day after looking off and on for it for a couple years I had made it myself and it was just wadded up in a ball in a box but it was still in good shape. Just wish I was that size again its only 36 years old.

mic-pa 10-20-2011 02:55 AM

No, I eloped and mine was a wool dress thatI wore a lot after that. It was plain cream colored.

alikat110 10-20-2011 02:59 AM

i got married in blue jeans with flowered picked up from the roadside on the way to the JP's....hehehe. i still have a version of my "wedding dress" was the best ever. we went home 3 days later to tell our families we got married.

JenniePenny 10-20-2011 03:00 AM

I have two from 10 years apart. They are both in archival boxes. I would like for a new bride to get married wearing one of them. Probably won't happen. Styles are so different now. And I never had a daughter.

Carrie Jo 10-20-2011 03:01 AM

thats what we did, jeans and the JP.

Lacelady 10-20-2011 03:05 AM

Mine was borrowed, as we got married in a hurry.... no, not what you are thinking, my mum announced she was pregnant, and would be 8 months gone when our planned date came around.

She said she wouldn't be able to cope, and didn't fancy being a heavily pregnant mother of the bride, so she said we could get married at Christmas instead. So the whole lot was done in three weeks, two days - boy I had no time to get nervous.

We couldn't even hire my dress, as the only place near us was fully booked, and a friend came to the rescue - her wedding was a week before mine, with Christmas in between, so I just had it cleaned and gave it back.

QuiltnNan 10-20-2011 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
I have two from 10 years apart. They are both in archival boxes. I would like for a new bride to get married wearing one of them. Probably won't happen. Styles are so different now. And I never had a daughter.

there are places to donate them so gals on a limited income could feel special

JenniePenny 10-20-2011 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan

Originally Posted by JenniePenny

there are places to donate them so gals on a limited income could feel special

Thanks! I will check into that. I have heard of the agencies that handle prom dresses for high school girls.

jeank 10-20-2011 03:12 AM

I have been married 51 years. I have my dress,veil, shoes, ring bearrer pillow and cake top. My daughter used the pillow in her wedding too.

We were going to have a 50th party last year and display the dress on a dress form, but it got canceled due to my husband's open heart surgery. We had our 50th in his hospital room.

He came through it well, and that is more important than a party.

katz_n_kwiltz 10-20-2011 03:15 AM

yes, i do, my mom made it for me, it had 72 buttons on it.and it has been 26years. my mom passed away the year my son was born, 1988. i think of her always