Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you think he knows something we don't? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-think-he-knows-something-we-dont-t181062.html)

MOBRIDGE MOM 02-28-2012 05:21 PM

Do you think he knows something we don't?

1 Attachment(s)
My dog started barking like crazy and yeah he barks at everything but this time he was looking towards the top of the tree in front of the house. When I went to look this Ringneck Pheasant was about 10 feet off the ground in the tree. I don't know how many of you watch the Weather Channel but that little block of counties in the northeran part of South Dakota that are under a blizzard warning would be where I live. One local channel said that we were going to get 8-10 inches of snow and the wind will blow 20-30 miles per hour. Yeah, it's going to be a joy going to work tomorrow!

ging10ging 02-28-2012 05:26 PM

I saw on the Weather Channel and also Good Morning America what you would be expecting for weather. Do you think that's why that bird is up in the tree or is she looking for a place to nest. Hope you'll be safe. I used to live in RI and I always hated when we was going to have snow or ice to go to/from work. Be careful driving. Good luck. Sue

sandybuttons 02-28-2012 05:30 PM

Sending warm wishes your way, maybe it will help to melt the snow :)

AuntieD 02-28-2012 05:41 PM

Have a safe commute tomorrow. Great photo of the pheasant.

liking quilting 02-28-2012 06:53 PM

He's a beautiful ringneck pheasant. Smart doggy! Good luck with the weather; we're in s. MN and getting rain instead of snow. Looks like icy roads for the start of tomorrow; if too bad, I'll just have to stay home from work and have myself a quilting day!

MOBRIDGE MOM 02-28-2012 08:20 PM

ging10ging, these birds don't nest in trees they are a ground bird.

Originally Posted by ging10ging (Post 5017201)
I saw on the Weather Channel and also Good Morning America what you would be expecting for weather. Do you think that's why that bird is up in the tree or is she looking for a place to nest. Hope you'll be safe. I used to live in RI and I always hated when we was going to have snow or ice to go to/from work. Be careful driving. Good luck. Sue

GrannieLOU 02-28-2012 09:56 PM

Perhaps the bird knows how deep the snow will be - trying to stay above it!!

Mickie612 02-29-2012 04:21 AM

swap you a cup of rain for a cup of snow.

SunlitenSmiles 02-29-2012 04:57 AM

we have several inches of snow in the mountains and neighbors are putting skis on top their car right now to go check it out..about an hour drive to top of mountains but only 30 minutes to the first of the snow...it is even cool here - in the 50's - was 80 degrees last week

gma7 02-29-2012 06:47 AM

Hope you didn't get dumped on. We got our share here. Power was off for about 2 hours. Everything is closed in Mitchell. Good luck.