Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you use phrases from commercials? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-use-phrases-commercials-t69378.html)

redkimba 10-10-2010 01:22 PM

I'm sure that I quote from commercials without realizing it, but I know that I will quote tv shows and/or movies.

The latest one was when someone came up to my desk and knocked quietly on it to get my attention. My response was "Dave's not here, man." :P

JJs 10-10-2010 01:38 PM

I quote from MASH all the time....

or Mayberry - "Nip it in the bud!"

or my favorite comedian - Bro. Dave Gardner - "did you see the light"

Book 'em Danno...

bearisgray 10-10-2010 01:55 PM

pop pop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is!
(I think it was for AlkaSeltzer)

I can't believe I ate the whole thing!

Let Mikey try it!
Mikey likes it!

RevPam 10-10-2010 02:10 PM

Hi, I'm Peg Bracken and I hate to cook!

Rhonda 10-10-2010 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
pop pop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is!
(I think it was for AlkaSeltzer)

I can't believe I ate the whole thing!

Let Mikey try it!
Mikey likes it!

Yep I remember these.

quiltluvr 10-10-2010 03:09 PM

When the kids were still around one of mine was "I'm not touching you."

The ad pictured two siblings in the backseat of the car on a trip and as they like to annoy each other they got in trouble for making actual contact so it was hands off. They then resorted to getting as close as they could without actually making contact.

One I say around my husband is from the Progessive insurance lady, "Don't worry. It happens to me all the time."

Rhonda 10-10-2010 03:21 PM

One I used with my kids and still use with my grands is Get it? Got it! Good! It is a line in The Emporer's New Clothes. It was a movie I saw years ago done by Abbot and Costello. That line was hilarious done by them.

I just answered my DGS Zach with that and realized I do that all the time.

ICU_FOSTERMOM 10-10-2010 03:33 PM

I'll be back .

Is it soup yet ?

Can you hear me know . ?
========================

I will do a survey to see If I can raise some more from the general population .

Ditter43 10-10-2010 04:01 PM

My DH often says "Is it soup yet?" He also likes to imitate Booboo from the Yogi Bear cartoons saying,"Smarter than the average bear!"
I have used the ," get it, got it, good" a few times. Also the "can you hear me now," and, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing!"
It just goes to show if you hear something enough, you tend to pick it up! Good reason to be careful what you say around kids! They don't miss a thing!!

Baysidegal 10-10-2010 04:22 PM

When we were kids, my Dad would call up the stairs to us in the AM on schooldays...'Up and at 'em Adam Ant"... A cartoon in the 50's...I always said that to my kids and still say that to DH LOL