Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you work in a dental office? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-work-dental-office-t78785.html)

dotcomdtcm 11-26-2010 08:15 AM

What would be a good gift for all the women there? Not everyone has a desk.

raptureready 11-26-2010 08:22 AM

I've gone to the Dollar Tree or any dollar store and gotten small decorative containers and filled them with cookies or candy for everyone in our office. Or, an ornament for their tree is always appreciated. How expensive do you want to go? You could always do a movie night--large but inexpensive bowl, DVD, a couple of bags of microwave popcorn and a 2 ltr of soda. The first idea is more inexpensive. When I worked we did small gifts. For years I'd give a small thing of candy and a Christmas card to everyone. One year one of the women said do me in a very kind way, "You do realize I'm Jewish don't you?" I answered her back and said, "Of course, and if you want to give me a Happy Hannukah card I'll be as gracious in accepting your beliefs as you have in accepting mine." She said, "It works for me." We smiled and I continued to give her a small Christmas gift each year, she'd give me a card and a small gift celebrating her Jewish traditions. And we always both laughed. It was for me the true joy of the season.

sherriequilts 11-26-2010 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I've gone to the Dollar Tree or any dollar store and gotten small decorative containers and filled them with cookies or candy for everyone in our office. Or, an ornament for their tree is always appreciated. How expensive do you want to go? You could always do a movie night--large but inexpensive bowl, DVD, a couple of bags of microwave popcorn and a 2 ltr of soda. The first idea is more inexpensive. When I worked we did small gifts. For years I'd give a small thing of candy and a Christmas card to everyone. One year one of the women said do me in a very kind way, "You do realize I'm Jewish don't you?" I answered her back and said, "Of course, and if you want to give me a Happy Hannukah card I'll be as gracious in accepting your beliefs as you have in accepting mine." She said, "It works for me." We smiled and I continued to give her a small Christmas gift each year, she'd give me a card and a small gift celebrating her Jewish traditions. And we always both laughed. It was for me the true joy of the season.

what a sweet story!

Izaquilter 11-26-2010 08:29 AM

Gift cards to Bath & Body or something to pamper themselves! Something they wouldn't normally splurge on.

tjradj 11-26-2010 08:32 AM

Yes, I did for years.
Chocolate is always a good one, or packages of different coffees.
Individual gifts - why not a mug rug - everyone has a coffee mug at the office.
Just be careful to include everyone - there may be employees that you are not aware of because they are behind the scenes so to speak.

dotcomdtcm 11-26-2010 08:36 AM

I want to make something. Last year I did zipper roses. I guess everyone could take a potholder home.

greensleeves 11-26-2010 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
I want to make something. Last year I did zipper roses. I guess everyone could take a potholder home.

You answered your question. Potholders are great to get because they are used constantly and wear out, new ones are always nice.

nativetexan 11-26-2010 09:39 AM

or coasters or mug rugs to use around the office or at home.

raptureready 11-26-2010 11:01 AM

OH, how about one of those Tea Bag Wallets with different flavored teas?

MinnieKat 11-26-2010 02:49 PM

The ladies at our dental office would like a 12 pack of beer! LOL ... seriously ... they're a wild bunch!