Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Does anyone else not enjoy wrapping Christmas presents? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/does-anyone-else-not-enjoy-wrapping-christmas-presents-t31569.html)

Prism99 12-14-2009 02:21 PM

It seems to take me forever! I love to look at wrapped presents, but I struggle with the actual wrapping. Makes me feel like such a grinch! That's actually why I'm here posting instead of upstairs working on the wrapping.......

grammatjr 12-14-2009 02:33 PM

I too used to hate wrapping, then I learned how (company merger forced me to do gift wrapping as part of my new job), and actually enjoy it now. At one time I even played with the idea of opening my own gift wrapping business. When the ladies of church have their seceret sister, I can never wrap my gifts because everyone knows that they are mine! It is pretty irritating - I always have to use a gift bag.

However, I completely understand the time factor. Since you are a crafty person, maybe make some really cute bags to put them in. It could become a family tradition or game. Who gets the Santa bag this year? What do you think it is, look at the shape. Or, that is my bag (name embroidered on it), I will try to guess what is in it. Good luck.

Shadow Dancer 12-14-2009 02:36 PM

If I lived closer I would come and wrap your gifts. I love gift wrapping! :)

Ninnie 12-14-2009 02:41 PM

I enjoy wrapping, if I can sit and do it, and not be interrupted. I like making pretty bows, and like using the thin old fashioned ribbon that you can curl.

sewjoyce 12-14-2009 02:51 PM

I HATE to wrap gifts also!!! I have been wrapping gifts for over 50 years and they still look like a 6 year old did them!! Anyone who wants to come and wrap mine for me can have some of my fabric -- their choice :D :D :D :D

sewjoyce 12-14-2009 02:51 PM

I HATE to wrap gifts also!!! I have been wrapping gifts for over 50 years and they still look like a 6 year old did them!! Anyone who wants to come and wrap mine for me can have some of my fabric -- their choice :D :D :D :D

amma 12-14-2009 03:03 PM

I am checking for airline tickets now Joyce :D:D:D Get ready to give up some stash!!! LMBO

I love to wrap gifts...even the really odd shaped ones :D:D:D

trupeach 12-14-2009 03:08 PM

I love to wrap gifts. When my daughter was 11 (she was young)she worked at a beautiful gift shop on weekends for Christmas. All she did was wrap gifts. She had that job every Christmas until she was 15. She did that and also worked for a few of the shop owners decorating their windows for Christmas. I miss Long Island at Christmas.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 12-14-2009 03:31 PM

I do not wrap. I think up gift ideas. I buy gifts. My husband wraps. We've done it that way for years.

Up North 12-14-2009 04:41 PM

My spare room is full of gifts waiting to be wrapped. It seems like I always have to hurry at the last minute because I keep putting it off. I hate wrapping.