Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Does anyone live in The Villages, FL (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/does-anyone-live-villages-fl-t276358.html)

rjwilder 03-04-2016 07:33 AM

Does anyone live in The Villages, FL

I'm flying to Florida next week to look at houses at The Villages. I'd like any information anyone might have about the life style there and what ever else you can share with me.

QuiltnNan 03-04-2016 08:08 AM

anyone i've ever heard of living there just Loves it! i wanted to move there myself, but just couldn't leave my family up here. you can ride your golf cart to walmart, publix, and restaurants.

Scraps 03-04-2016 08:23 AM

We live here for the lifestyle! We have been here 18 years! Love it!
Just remember March is the busiest month in FL. Visitors, renters and spring break grandchildren!
Enjoy your visit!

lynnie 03-04-2016 02:37 PM

don't live there, but a lot of people in my community live there as well. We have every amenity, and the Villages have even more. Like an on site pharmacy. We don't have that. Everyone loves it down there. they are our snowbirds that live there. You'll love it there. If my dh wasn't young and working, we'd move there. Have a blast!!!

QUILTNMO 03-04-2016 04:18 PM

just had a friend move there she loves it says so much to do!!!

Material Witness 03-04-2016 05:08 PM

Same as Lynnie, my hubster wants to move there, but he's too young! His parents live there, and we are visiting her again on the 13th. They have activities around the various town squares, like dancing nightly, and vendor setups weekly. You don't need a car because everything you need is accessible by golf cart, although the houses have garages and most people have cars.

coopah 03-05-2016 05:41 AM

I've tried to answer this positively and cancelled my response 4 times. Just be sure to check it out thoroughly, including any covenants, deed restrictions, etc., before putting your name on anything. Bring your money. The locals like it. Also, make sure you like people around you 24/7. It is a wonderful place for people from the North who move South.

Jo Anne B. 03-05-2016 05:59 AM

The gal(Linda) that taught the quilting classes I took back in 2011 is now there. My quilting mentor(Lola) just visited there in Feb. they had a quilt show/event during her time there. I am going to make a safe assumption that Quilting and golf are popular activities.

citruscountyquilter 03-05-2016 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 7484713)
I've tried to answer this positively and cancelled my response 4 times. Just be sure to check it out thoroughly, including any covenants, deed restrictions, etc., before putting your name on anything. Bring your money. The locals like it. Also, make sure you like people around you 24/7. It is a wonderful place for people from the North who move South.

I too live in "horse country", nature coast part of Florida not far from the Villages. I'm not sure if it's near coopah or not. I have friends who live in the Villages and love it. It is too congested and busy for my taste of lifestyle. Come visit the Villages but I suggest you explore other options before you commit.

rjwilder 03-05-2016 08:12 AM

Thank you all for your input, very helpful. Copal, we were reading the restrictions last night on the website. A few questionable things came up that might be deal breakers. Yes it is congested but so is California. Traffic is so bad that we don't go out after 2:00 because that's when school gets out then the rush hour traffic begins.