Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Does anyone watch One Life to Live (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/does-anyone-watch-one-life-live-t171894.html)

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 12-13-2011 06:47 AM

Does anyone watch One Life to Live

The days are growing short for One Life to Live. I'm so sad. I've been watching over 15 years. Kept hoping something would turn up. They were supposed to go on line but that's not happening. I feel so strongly about this that I'm going to boycott the channel beteeen 2-3 everyday or I may not watch it at all. Plenty other channels.. Hope others do the same. Anyone watch this show?

j 12-13-2011 07:06 AM

I am with you, Watching All My Children and One life to Live, I rested, ate lunch and did handsewing. The programs they are replacing them with are not to my liking. AND who needs another food program, So I guess I'll be playing music all day. I watch Doc Martin on Thursday nights - infact I really enjoy the English produced programs when they are on. - J

romanojg 12-13-2011 07:06 AM

I agree; I also watched All My Children for over 40yrs and it's gone as well. These are two of the most popular shows and they said not enough people watched them so they weren't making enough money from them. I don't know the real reason but I know that one isn't true. You don't stay on the air as long as these two without people (lots of people) watching everyday. Even though I work during the day I'd go to soap network and watch them at night. They were getting watched. I do like the Chew that took the place of All My Children so lets see what will take the place of OLTL.

Maggiemay 12-13-2011 08:15 AM

I have watched OLTL on & off for over 40 years! I remember running home after Jr High to catch the last 15 mins of it at my friend's house- my mom wouldn't let us watch them! I have never watched every day, but always seem to know what is going on, it isn't hard to catch up, especially with online recaps. I liked to watch it at night on SoapNet too. I haven't heard anything, but I am guessing that General Hospital is next. How sad- an end of an era.

Tink's Mom 12-13-2011 09:27 AM

I started watching it with my Nana back in the 60's...mostly during the summer. I started watching again when home with a baby in the late 70's-early 80's...still watch it whenever I can. Will really miss it.

dom1353 12-13-2011 05:19 PM

Yes I have been watching the show for the last 12 years. Used to watch it when my mother was ill. It really
burns me up that it is being taken off the air. Will not watch what they replace it with. Hope it bombs. Have not
watched the Chew either. We really need another cooking show? All the story lines will be left unanswered. Boy
this really stinks.

countrydancermom 12-13-2011 05:32 PM

I miss all my children; I used to DVR it and watch when I got home from work. I try to use the time to work on some UFO's (or start more). I have watched since my son was born (36 years). So sad!

SueDor 12-14-2011 03:28 AM

There is always Young and the Restless and Bold and the Beautiful.

carolaug 12-14-2011 04:07 AM

So many people watched it. I do not understand when they said that no one watched it. For many of us who work we used the DVR. So sad...I wish they would have just kept it simple and not some of the crazy story lines...I barely watch TV anymore...the quality of all shows are really poor.

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 12-14-2011 05:29 AM

I watch the Bold and the Beautiful but it's not as exciting as One Life to Live. That show has humor, suspense, warmth. I think the writer is marvelous. I just can't see how we need another food show when we have the food network. I feel sorry for the elderly who can't get out and depend on these shows for one of their few pleasures.