Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Does Your Husband Help With Chores? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/does-your-husband-help-chores-t85480.html)

GloBug 12-28-2010 07:51 PM

No I'm a widow

knlsmith 12-28-2010 07:53 PM

Mine does waaaaayyyy more chores than I do. Always has. I'm lucky. But when my slow season at work comes I do more chores but he still does the most. Yup... I'm spoiled.

But for some reason taking the trash out is still a problem to get done. Lol. Guess I can't complain too much! He's a sweetie.

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 12-28-2010 08:04 PM

I have been blessed with a hubby who can do everything inside and outside of our home. He does not like grocery shopping but will do that if I am sick and can't. If I can get him to write more than "something good" on my grocery list, I will be truly ecstatic......so really I have no complaints.

Annaleehunter 12-28-2010 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
My husband is such a help around the house !!!!!!!!! My computer and quilting is upstairs. Here's how it goes.

Keith: I'm going to do the laundry. I have some jeans that need to be washed.
Me: I'll be done in a little bit and I will do it.
Keith: No problem, I said I would do it. What soap do you use?
Me: Keith, just leave it and I will do it.
Keith: No, I'm going to do it. Just tell me what soap to use.
Me: It's in the blue jug.
Keith: How much should I use?
Me: Fill the cap up to the first mark.
Keith: What setting on the washer should I use?
Me: Rolling my eyes and going downstairs to show him the setting.

I hope he doesn't decide to do anything else :roll:
He does know how to fix soups and stews, all by himself.

Just wish my hubby would try....

BETTY62 12-28-2010 09:00 PM

We must be married to the same man. LOL

rahaube 12-28-2010 09:00 PM

My husband used to be helpless like that but not any more. At one point we were having problems with our washer and there was something he had to check each time. He got in the habit of doing the laundry and does it all the time now. He has also accepted the job of emptying the dishwasher as his own. I am not going to try to convince him otherwise. He had decided that I don't tuck the sheets in tight enough to suit him so on laundry days he always makes up the bed with the clean sheets thought I make the bed every other day of the week. He has actually become very helpful in his old age. It is a shame he couldn't have been as helpful when we were raising 3 kids and I was working part time and going to school but I am thankful for what I have now.

Annz 12-28-2010 09:02 PM

I wish he would help.

Annaleehunter 12-28-2010 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by yolanda
I have a boyfriend who lives with me (finance as of Christmas!) and he does my laundry all the time - he likes doing laundry while he is 'tinkering' in the garage ..

Just make sure that he will enjoy it later!!!!

Annaleehunter 12-28-2010 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by grandma sue
I'm very spoiled. My husband does the vacuumming (I'm retired - he still works!) because he is much more thorough than I am. He gets out the shop vac and cleans the baseboards (every time) and the drapes and furniture! He also is a whiz on bathrooms. Takes him about 45 minutes to just clean the 1/2 bath downstairs (and it doesn't even get used very much!). Some of my friends want to rent him out. I think it comes from him being in the Air Force for 23 years and had to clean all the time. But I'm not complaining! He's the best.

I would like to rent him just to teach my hubby!!!

penski 12-28-2010 09:13 PM

wow sounds like a conversation hubby and i have had