Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Dog and cat mats (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dog-cat-mats-t264320.html)

jetayre 04-22-2015 04:02 AM

Dog and cat mats
 
I just completed 5 dog/cat mats for the Animal League. Can't show pics because my computer has got some kind of gremlin in it and won't do it. I am having withdrawal symptoms because of it. I am a picture person and don't know how I am going to resolve it. The computer guy is at a loss, too.

ManiacQuilter2 04-22-2015 05:47 AM

So sad at the problem with your computer. I would LOVE to see what you made. I am about to embark on making some bedding for pets at the local rescue center. Just like to see ideas that I could use. Hope you are able to fix the problem. Do you have any security on your system?? Ask around. There is always the Geeks at Best Buy.

jetayre 04-22-2015 10:13 AM

I do have security and have no problems with e mailing photos etc for years then the past month or so the gremlins came. Everything else is fine. I am using leftovers for the mats. I am putting flannel on one side and cotton on the other side. I am making 20x20 or 20x30 and they say that is great and just the two layers are good. I sew an X on them to hold the middle down. The dogs have a tendency to tear or chew them up so they give them only to the ones that don't

Painiacs 04-22-2015 03:15 PM

I'm sure the animals appreciate your quilts

solstice3 04-25-2015 03:41 AM

I think people that create those gremlins should be caught and punished!

DOTTYMO 04-27-2015 11:35 PM

What do you stuff mat with or is it just 3 layers?

jetayre 04-28-2015 02:39 AM


Originally Posted by DOTTYMO (Post 7179305)
What do you stuff mat with or is it just 3 layers?

Actually, I do the two layers and no stuffing. I put flannel on one side and regular cotton on the other. The animals all have cots and they put the pad on that. They send the animal to the new home with their blanket. They can wash them easier

slbram17 04-28-2015 07:25 AM


Originally Posted by jetayre (Post 7172879)
I just completed 5 dog/cat mats for the Animal League. Can't show pics because my computer has got some kind of gremlin in it and won't do it. I am having withdrawal symptoms because of it. I am a picture person and don't know how I am going to resolve it. The computer guy is at a loss, too.

I would love to see your mats also, and the sizes. I need to get back to doing some beds for our shelter. I made a bunch for a while then got too involved in other projects. Post when you can, even if it your sizes and directions, please.

slbram17 04-28-2015 07:26 AM


Originally Posted by jetayre (Post 7179337)
Actually, I do the two layers and no stuffing. I put flannel on one side and regular cotton on the other. The animals all have cots and they put the pad on that. They send the animal to the new home with their blanket. They can wash them easier

Just saw your instructions. What sizes do you make? I get conflicting info from the shelter. When I take them down cold, they never say anything about stuffing. But when I worked with one of the board members, she was adamant about no stuffing. Said it messes up their laundry equipment because the dogs shred it.

jetayre 04-28-2015 09:14 AM


Originally Posted by slbram17 (Post 7179673)
Just saw your instructions. What sizes do you make? I get conflicting info from the shelter. When I take them down cold, they never say anything about stuffing. But when I worked with one of the board members, she was adamant about no stuffing. Said it messes up their laundry equipment because the dogs shred it.

I don't do stuffing for several reasons. I am told that cats are great at getting to the stuffing, harder dry. The flannel gives the animals some warmth. I Do X stitch from corner to corner to hold material down. I do 20" x 20" or 30 x30". That seems to satisfy the place where I furnish them.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:54 AM.



SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.