Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Dog Phone Home.....Uh, Mom? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dog-phone-home-uh-mom-t130509.html)

madamekelly 06-14-2011 02:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
DH was out in the yard getting ready to finish putting down our 'paver' courtyard (red and gray checkerboard), and he has our dogs out with him. I reminded him when he took them out, to keep an eye on my dog King, since he is an escape artist. I was in my sewing room, working on a secret project, when the telephone rang. I picked it up, and a lovely female voice said "Do you have a big black and white dog?" Puzzled, I said yes.... She says "if you tell me your address, I will bring him to you." What??? I say. She says " We are at 7/11 (1/4 mile away) and when I opened my car door to get in, he jumped in and won't get out". :oops: I gave her the address, and they said "see you in five." I walked outside to ask DH how the dogs were. He says "Fine, they are right here." I pointed down the driveway and said, no they aren't, King is in that car coming toward us. I don't think I have ever seen his face so red! lol! The most dangerous words in our home are 'car dog'. Both big dogs turn into 'hyperactive poodles' when they hear those words. :lol: This just proves that chipping, and licensing your pets is a godsend when they are lost. And how was your day?

This is my escape artist (Yukon) King. Silly dog.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211541[/ATTACH]

alikat110 06-14-2011 02:45 PM

Lmao!!! So love that he got in a car and wouldn't get out. Glass he had tags!!!

Kimkankwilt 06-14-2011 02:47 PM

You're so lucky to have him back...

NauDeeGal 06-14-2011 02:52 PM

Too cute! He just felt like running, until he found a car to take him for a ride. LOL Glad you have him back. He is a cutie!

katiescraftshop 06-14-2011 03:52 PM

Glad he's home now. MY boxer loves the care as well. He's a complete spaz the moment you go near the leash. Walk or ride he's all for it.

dixiebelle162002 06-14-2011 03:55 PM

I am so happy that you got him back!!!

debbieumphress 06-14-2011 04:05 PM

I always had chips in my pets and collars with charms too. Works well. I have found otheres pets with them. So glad he is home and the people did not keep him. I love it when good happens for all. HUGS♥♥

Sheila_H 06-14-2011 04:19 PM

so glad you got him back safe and sound we have an escape artist too. I've had the teenagers in our neighborhood show up and ring my front door bell. I'm surprised because the dog isn't going nuts at the sound thats my clue that he's actually coming in the front door! He can open doors that have the pull down handles, so they've all since been changed

Momma_K 06-14-2011 05:14 PM

Isn't it good to know they're nice honest people still around! Glad he came back home, he's adorable! I hav

Momma_K 06-14-2011 05:14 PM

Isn't it good to know they're nice honest people still around! Glad he came back home, he's adorable! I hav