Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Don't you just love a smart mouth? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dont-you-just-love-smart-mouth-t215732.html)

Joy Higdon 03-07-2013 10:47 AM

Don't you just love a smart mouth?

I went to a quilt show today. There was a vendor there helping his wife. While making my purchases, he told me his wife was a long armed quilter that quilted for people. I told him I was trying to quilt my own. He said that was fine on small items like wall hangings and table toppers but that if I did not have a longarm machine I could not quilt a quilt on a DSM(guess I didn't get the memo). I said, well actually I have quilted half of a 96x96 quilt. He said, well you must have had lots of practice and be really good. I said, well actually I have just started and haven't had a lot of practice. Oh well.

tesspug 03-07-2013 10:50 AM

Well, then, if his logic follows, then you must be a natural born quilter. Do you suppose he was quilt police by marriage?

CarolynMT 03-07-2013 11:00 AM

Look at the opposite side, perhaps his wife told him that "story" so that she could get a Long Arm machine :p and you went and let the cat outta the bag lol

omaluvs2quilt 03-07-2013 11:20 AM

OH NO, I think you might be right!

Originally Posted by CarolynMT (Post 5911880)
Look at the opposite side, perhaps his wife told him that "story" so that she could get a Long Arm machine :p and you went and let the cat outta the bag lol

Joy Higdon 03-07-2013 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by CarolynMT (Post 5911880)

See, that is what I am talking about. I am a smart mouth. Now I have gotten that poor woman in trouble.

CarolynMT 03-07-2013 11:49 AM

Well we dont know for sure........but sometimes our perceptions are not the same as reality ;)

Granted I am pretty guilty for jumping the gun ;)

Jingle 03-07-2013 12:20 PM

What a jerk. If he is trying to drum up business for his wife, he needs selling lessons. He will turn off more people than he will get to let her quilt for them.
I have quilted over 80 quilts on DSMs and I will keep at it.

postal packin' mama 03-07-2013 11:28 PM

[quote] ".... if I did not have a longarm machine I could not quilt a quilt on a DSM..."

Hmmm, good thing I didn't know that when I was quilting four king-size quilts on my 1957 Singer 401A and QAYG'ing another king-size quilt on my 1940 Singer Featherweight, while we were in our 25 foot RV trailer with only the tiny dinette table to use for sewing...

Gee whiz, I didn't realize I COULDN'T do that!
Too bad I didn't have that guy advising me differently, huh? :D

jitkaau 03-08-2013 05:15 AM

Some people will tell you any sort of yarn in order to sell their product.

KalamaQuilts 03-08-2013 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Joy Higdon (Post 5911847)
I went to a quilt show today. There was a vendor there helping his wife. While making my purchases, he told me his wife was a long armed quilter that quilted for people. .

It is the long arms. She probably has long fingers and legs too.