Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Downton Abby (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/downton-abby-t213626.html)

Sheila_Newhouse 02-11-2013 10:22 PM

Downton Abby

Did anyone watch the latest of this show.. if you did, I wonder if you noticed the sewing machine in the background in the scene with Anna and Mr. Bates while they had just invited Mrs. O'Brien into the cottage?, well anyway I couldn't get a very close look at it, but it did look vintage.

CindyA 02-12-2013 03:11 AM

Love Downton Abbey but I dozed off during the show. I always watch it again later in the week - I'll keep an eye out for the sewing machine.

nygal 02-12-2013 03:50 AM

Yes, I did notice the machine. I rewound and paused and took a good luck at it. It was vintage but it looked like it was in backwards. Is that just me? Am I wrong??

I can't believe they only have one more two hour episode left of this short season. Darn...wonder how long we will have to wait until season 4 is on.

Stitchnripper 02-12-2013 06:24 AM

I saw it too, and also think they had it on the table backwards. I do love that show!

Pollytink 02-12-2013 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by nygal (Post 5855820)
Yes, I did notice the machine. I rewound and paused and took a good luck at it. It was vintage but it looked like it was in backwards. Is that just me? Am I wrong??

I can't believe they only have one more two hour episode left of this short season. Darn...wonder how long we will have to wait until season 4 is on.

I'll have to go back and look for the sm--I usually watch it again too. And I am SO frustrated about only one more episode!!! The season is so short and #4 prob. won't be until next Jan! This one was so full of stuff going on it will need another viewing! And did you catch in the preview that Mary is pregnant? They'll probably cut it off next time before the baby comes.....I do wish they'd do more in one season. I love it tho!!

Ellietow 02-12-2013 11:39 AM

I saw the sewing machine, too, but wonder... is it realistic that Anna could afford a sewing machine? They were super expensive!

nativetexan 02-12-2013 11:44 AM

Oh i just watched that last night online. forgot it Sunday on t.v. I didn't notice the sewing machine though.

luciab 02-12-2013 11:46 AM

I love this show! Everyone I know knows not to call me when "my" show is own. I didn't notice the sewing machine but will look for it when I watch it again. I did catch in the preview that Mary is pregnant. I can't believe that next week is the last show of the season. Only 4 shows per season?!? Bummer. I'm waiting with bells on for next Sunday and can hardly wait.

Anne P 02-12-2013 04:28 PM

I saw it, too. I thought she might have been (or was supposed to be) using it to make the curtains. Since this week had a two-hour program, I'm thinking next week will be two hours long, also, which would make the "season" kind of compressed. I'll definitely miss it when it's over this season.
I just started it this year. I kept hearing about it but had never seen it. My DD told me to see the recap of the first two seasons on the public broadcasting station website, which I did before I saw Episode 1 for this season I'm still catching up, though. My DD is filling me in as I go, so it's becoming clearer. I am enjoying it a lot!

BellaBoo 02-12-2013 08:11 PM

You can watch all the episodes of Season one on Netflix and all of the seasons episodes on Amazon Prime. I love watching a series all at one time. All of Masterpiece series are on either Netflix or Amazon Prime. Netflix online streaming is $8.00 month. Amazon Prime is about $80 a year but so much cheaper then cable and all the new releases are available. I use Roku to watch on my TV.