Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Dresses for my new granddaughter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dresses-my-new-granddaughter-t215375.html)

collady 03-03-2013 12:13 PM

Dresses for my new granddaughter

My first granddaughter is due in April. I have 2 grandsons, 19 and 17, so I am very excited. Yesterday instead of working on a quilt, I made four dresses for her, one a newborn, one 3 months, one 6 months, and one 12 months. They turned out so neat. I am excited to take them to the baby shower in 2 weeks. I sewed them on my late mother-in-law's 1934 Singer featherweight and used baby clothes buttons that came from my late mother. So my granddaughter will have something that ties her to 2 of her great-grandmothers.
Sorry no pictures.

decky 03-03-2013 12:18 PM

I bet she is going to be the best dressed baby!!! I have two young granddaughters close to me, one is a complete tomboy and the other one is the girly girl and they are from the same family. But both of them are fun to have around.

Pat in MN

mighty 03-03-2013 12:41 PM

Oh how exciting, congrats!!!!

KalamaQuilts 03-03-2013 12:42 PM

I can just imagine you wiggling like a puppy you are so excited.
We'd love to see pictures :) of the dresses, not you wiggling but that would be ok also

SulaBug 03-03-2013 12:48 PM

It is so exciting hearing that you have made four new little dresses for your first grand daughter!! :D How fun & I am sure her Mother will love them so much. What a treasure you have created for them. Hope to see pictures of her after she arrives!!
:D :D :D :D

nativetexan 03-03-2013 05:14 PM

OH I love baby clothes. my Mother made some soft flannel baby clothes with tiny rosettes (rose buds) out of ribbons. they were too small for my son so i saved them for 30 years and gave them to my DIL. I don't think she used them either, sniff, sniff.

QuiltingJaguar 03-03-2013 05:33 PM

I enjoyed your story, I have a new great granddaughter who lives in Alaska. I think I might get to meet her in May when she attends her great grand parents 65 wedding anniversary. Meanwhile this almost 7 months little one is growing in my eyes with her parents sending me phone video's of her crawling, standing, playing and etc. I so enjoy each photo and video, its an exciting time for all.

mjhaess 03-05-2013 06:21 AM

I bet they will be charished...I don't have any grad-daughters just a grandson...Maybe oneday I will have some greats...Congrats.....

AZ Jane 03-05-2013 08:19 AM

LOL, babies grow!! Get that camera out and start practicing on those dresses. Would love to see!!

katesnanna 03-06-2013 03:06 AM

Congratulations. It's been a long wait for you. We had 5 grandsons before we got our granddaughter. You are going to love having a granddaughter. It is so much fun to sew for girls.