Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Dumb recycling ideas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dumb-recycling-ideas-t146777.html)

Craftygirl 08-22-2011 03:20 AM

He's definitely related to my husband. LOL

Nancy S. 08-22-2011 04:09 AM

What!! I don't think so!

ssgramma 08-22-2011 04:24 AM

We always save ours for the cat "fishing pole" toy. It is a fiberglas rod with 80 lb test braided saltwater fishing line and a denim belt loop attached as the "fly".

We bought this in New Orleans nearly 20 years ago at a great shop called The Cat House and the resident cat took DH right to her preferred toy. Her name was Miss Belle Watling and she was a fluffy long-haired black kitty :-)

It has been loved by all kitties we have had since!

Kairos Dan 08-22-2011 04:43 AM

NO!

Greenheron 08-22-2011 04:54 AM

The poor, neglected fellow. Does he blow out his belt loops?

eimay 08-22-2011 05:27 AM

The things that make you go hmmm.

eimay 08-22-2011 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by trolleystation
How did the pants look on him after you hung them over his head?

Love it!

ncredbird 08-22-2011 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029

Originally Posted by bearisgray
My DH has finally decided to get rid of some of his very worn out clothing.

As he handed a pair off cut-off jeans to me - he said "Maybe you can cut off the belt loops on these (to be put on another pair of jeans)"

Cut off the top "belt" section and sew them to a pair of his undies...ask him if he likes the recycling plan

If it were my DH he would have to wear them with a pair of suspenders! Ann in TN

seasaw2mch 08-22-2011 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029

As he handed a pair off cut-off jeans to me - he said "Maybe you can cut off the belt loops on these (to be put on another pair of jeans)"

Cut off the top "belt" section and sew them to a pair of his undies...ask him if he likes the recycling plan

ok I vote this one to do. Not only is it funny but just maybe he will think twice about the recycle of belt loops.
OH! wait! he just might like that idea!!!! be careful what you do with them. LOL ROFLMBO

Lostn51 08-22-2011 07:28 AM

Oh that sounds like my dad, the man has more money than he knows what to do with but he will go out of his way to save a nickle.

Example.....My moms plastic laundry tub that she totes the clothes from the back of the house to the washer handle broke off and split the basket. What does my dad do he goes in the garage fashions a handle out of sheet metal and pop rivets it back together. This is a $3 laundry basket for crying out loud!! Would you believe that after 5 or 6 years they are still using the basket?!?! We sat down and figured that they had bought right before my daughter was born 19 years ago, because mom remembers putting baby shower gifts in it when they were at the store buying it.

Billy