Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   e-mail storage space (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/e-mail-storage-space-t295010.html)

bearisgray 02-22-2018 10:10 AM

e-mail storage space

You might want to check with your e-mail provider about how much storage space you have for messages.

I just learned that we have 10 GB available - and the provider can start deleting messages without any warning if the space is "filled."

We lost some valuable messages because we were not aware of this.

Another thought - print out anything really important. I think one can also archive messages or save them somehow. But there is also the chance one's computer can crash - and it's a bother to try to retrieve anything from a crashed hard drive.

KalamaQuilts 02-22-2018 10:21 AM

I have inbox
and one folder for purchases, I delete everything in it about 4 times a year
and one folder for keepers, In 21 years I still only have about a dozen keepers
I clean out the inbox about 3 times a week and empty the trash maybe every 2 months.

my email is a lean clean fighting machine :)

there is absolutely nothing on my computer that would be worth crying over if lost
I'm not meaning that as a smart mouth, but that I allow technology very little control over what I control.
And not much time

bearisgray 02-22-2018 10:37 AM

Learn and live - I usually do it "the hard way"! :shock: :rolleyes:

nativetexan 02-22-2018 01:32 PM

I just cleaned out my yahoo account I've had for maybe 15+ years. happened to see the total number and almost screamed. too many idiots sending me emails. yes, i put spam, etc. now my google one is getting bombed as more people use that one. cant' get away from them. printing out emails is difficult too!

SusieQOH 02-22-2018 04:42 PM

My husband has over 37,000 emails in his gmail account. I almost flipped when I noticed it on his phone. I like to clean up a lot more often (maybe he never does?) lol

Stitchnripper 02-22-2018 05:25 PM

We are okay with emails. Don’t save many of them. We have our hard drives backed up with an off site provider. We use Mozy but carbonite is another one.

cashs_mom 02-22-2018 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 8009265)
My husband has over 37,000 emails in his gmail account. I almost flipped when I noticed it on his phone. I like to clean up a lot more often (maybe he never does?) lol

OMG! 37,000??? I thought it was bad that I had 1,000 emails since I haven't deleted everything in my spam folder lately.

Off to delete emails. . .

Evie 02-24-2018 04:12 PM

Why does anyone save spam? That's the first thing to go on the day it arrives!

cashs_mom 02-24-2018 09:00 PM

I don't save what's in my spam folder, but I do look at them before I delete them. I often find things that shouldn't be in there that have ended up there. I mark those "not spam" so they move to my inbox

SusieQOH 02-25-2018 08:45 AM

I also check my spam folder before I delete it daily because I've had legitimate emails in there. But I don't open them. I just read the heading.