Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Eagle Scout (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/eagle-scout-t122012.html)

TShooters 05-09-2011 06:43 PM

Congrats and kudos to your son for reaching that goal. :thumbup:

My son is also an Eagle Scout...the only one from the small group of Cub Scouts he started out with to try for it and reach it.

bnlmom 05-09-2011 06:44 PM

Thanks for all the comments. I know about the scout fabric the top of his quilt is done,guess I better get on the ball to finish it!
--Jennifer22206-an Eagle Scout is the highest rank a Boy Scout can achieve.

isnthatodd 05-09-2011 06:45 PM

From a mom of an Eagle, congratulations. They don't get that without a lot of parent support!!!

funquilter 05-09-2011 06:48 PM

Congrats from a Mom of 2 Eagles and the wife of Scoutmaster
it is a real accomplishment!

Ramona Byrd 05-09-2011 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
From a mom of an Eagle, congratulations. They don't get that without a lot of parent support!!!

------------------
You can say THAT again!! I was also a den mother, but really never intended to be one. I volunteered to "Help" the REAL Den Mother, but very shortly discovered that 30 minutes after getting pregnant she became too nauseous to continue working with 8 little boys. So, guess who got them for the next couple of years!
It was fun though, and the further it goes into the past, the more fun I had. I found some of my papers in decluttering recently, and remembered that one of the little boys was considered "slow" or slightly retarded. BUT his interest in his Cub books made him struggle to learn better reading, and his teacher hunted me up to ask what I'd done to help him so much. (We met at the school lunch room after school) I had boys ranging from "slow" to "gifted" which was also what my DS was, (and he was a pain at times, the little smart *%^&) but my favorite was the darling little slow one. When he had a hard time at something when at my home, he would go to our dear old Doberman, Kurt, and sit with his arms around the big dog till he felt better.
Sometimes down town now a huge young man will rush up and hug me, reminding me who he was and introducing me to his wife and family, then bored his poor kids while he remembered this and doing that way back then.
Yes, it was a real job, but well worth it.

Ramona Byrd 05-09-2011 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by bnlmom
I'm so proud,my son just received his Eagle Scout rank. This from a kid who was in a den of one all during his Cub Scout years. He kept with it and enjoyed every minute of it.

-------------------------------------------------
Be sure to wear the little badge you got when he received his. You can also wear them as badges of honor with any other jewelry and show others how proud you are of your son. And keep the pictures taken at the Eagle ceremony.

My own DH, an avid photographer, took a lot of our DS at his ceremony, but discovered too late he was so excited that he'd forgotten to take the camera lens cover off!! Luckily DH's brother had taken some pictures, the only ones we have of that date.

sweet 05-10-2011 05:58 AM

Congratulations! A great achievement!

grendelskin 05-10-2011 05:58 AM

Congratulations!

cashmommy11 05-10-2011 06:33 AM

as a den leader tell him i am very proud of him for all his hard work

ljptexas 05-10-2011 06:38 AM

That is so wonderful!!
Only wish more boys that started would go all the way!! My son got his Eagle after being in Scouts for 8 yrs.
He reached the top in 1984, he's now a Chiropractor.
He stayed, I think, with the same troop along.
The ultimate was getting to go to Philmont 2 times, even once he got to drive the RV & was assistant at 1 time.
I'm so proud of him!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: