Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   East Coast Storm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/east-coast-storm-t204620.html)

Luv Quilts and Cats 10-31-2012 12:56 PM

We are fine here. We didn't lose power although the lights blinked alot. There were trees down and power out in other areas of my city and in the state in general. No as bad as NY or NJ. They really got blasted and my heard goes out to all of them.

Carol34446 10-31-2012 04:30 PM

Praying for all those affected by this awful storm and who lost a family member, living in FL we have Hurricanes, but this was really bad, and with cold weather coming on will be worse.

NJ Quilter 11-01-2012 06:37 AM

Central NJ - power spotty; lots of downed trees/wires. Personally we had very little damage. No power since Mon. evening. Estimate for restoration is Mon. 11/5. We have wire damage in front of our house so I suspect we'll be one of the last on that very long list as we are just a small service area from that wire. Generator is doing it's job. Just making things a bit challenging for the time being. Other areas in the state/region in far, far worse shape. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

damaquilts 11-01-2012 07:00 AM

My stepmom was still without power last night in Bayville. Looking at the pictures of the damage left by this storm is heartbreaking.

JoanneS 11-01-2012 07:20 AM

Whoopee! Our power came on at 5am. First thing for me was a long, hot shower. Next, I'll finish sewing the pieced back of my current quilt. The power went out while I was sewing on Monday afternoon.

We lost the roof on one of our outbuildings, and the roof on DH's workshop started to peel off. For some magical reason it didn't blow completely off.

We didn't lose any trees this time - lost 2 last year in that Oct storm. We did lose a few smallish branches, and there are lots of small branches lying around. On a bright note, almost all the leaves blew away! DH is VERY happy about that!

cathyf 11-01-2012 08:46 AM

Thank God for little and big favors. We came out unscathed this time in central VT, unlike Irene. Because of all the help from volunteers we received, we plan to lend a hand to others who weren't so fortunate, as soon as we know where, when and how we can return the favor!

winky11 11-02-2012 04:08 AM

We have been without Electric now since Monday around midnight. We also go over a foot and half of snow on the ground. We are warm because we have a wood stove but being without lights when I get home from work each night. We also have my daughter and granddaughter there with us (they live in the apartment above our garage which is all electric) so trying to entertain a 6 year old each evening is getting hard. They are saying we won't have electric until maybe next week.

gramajo 11-02-2012 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by winky11 (Post 5629229)
We have been without Electric now since Monday around midnight. We also go over a foot and half of snow on the ground. We are warm because we have a wood stove but being without lights when I get home from work each night. We also have my daughter and granddaughter there with us (they live in the apartment above our garage which is all electric) so trying to entertain a 6 year old each evening is getting hard. They are saying we won't have electric until maybe next week.

Glad you are staying warm, but sure hope you get electricity before next week. Entertaining 6 y. o. certainly keeps you busy.