Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Easy Rag Rug From Scraps (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/easy-rag-rug-scraps-t262206.html)

kathidahl 03-07-2015 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Helenq (Post 7117122)
Been having fun Fabric Twining the past few weeks with scraps and this is the result! A easy Modern Rag Rug!

Photo 1-The scraps
Photo 2-Twined fabric
Photo 3-The Modern Rag Rug

Way "old-timey"...THANKS!!

baskets4moo 03-07-2015 08:00 AM

Thanks for posting your neat picture. I'd taught myself how to make the cording a while back but wasn't sure what to do with it, and now I know! BTW I love your blog.

shasta5718 03-07-2015 08:57 AM

My Grandma used to make rag rugs, she used rat-tail comb handles made into large needles and braided as she went and put them together so there was no sewing. I regret very much to this day that I didn't learn how to do it from her. If anyone knows this way I would love to learn it.

madamekelly 03-07-2015 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by shasta5718 (Post 7118744)
My Grandma used to make rag rugs, she used rat-tail comb handles made into large needles and braided as she went and put them together so there was no sewing. I regret very much to this day that I didn't learn how to do it from her. If anyone knows this way I would love to learn it.

Google toothbrush rugs for many different methods of making the rugs. It is not important what the "needle" is made from. You can also just buy a huge crochet hook and crochet with fabric strips.

JanieH 03-07-2015 12:44 PM

That is fabulous - love how the colors work.

nwm50 03-07-2015 01:53 PM

Looks like a tutorial on this is called for!!
I love them..

miriam 03-08-2015 04:38 AM

I love how you made it go around the sink!

farmquilter 03-08-2015 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Helenq (Post 7117812)
You can find out buy checking comment #3

I cut up some mens t-shirts to crochet a rug for my Chocolate Lab/Corgie. BUT she likes to eat at the 'beds' I have made her. So right now I have some shirt strips and tried the twine twisting--it works on the stretchy t-shirt fabric. Had to watch the video and see if these strips would give me a twine. Will be cutting my bigger cotton scraps into strips and start twisting away to make Sophie a new bed.
I like the flat rugs underfoot.
Thank you for the inspiration to use our scraps.

tessagin 03-08-2015 10:12 AM

Great video and I like to braid also. Love the video. My niece watched the video. She has a lot of scraps to start with and will go home to cut up an ugly blanket. Will keep her busy. She's 10 years of age. Always wanting to do something with fabric.

Helenq 03-08-2015 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 7119915)
Great video and I like to braid also. Love the video. My niece watched the video. She has a lot of scraps to start with and will go home to cut up an ugly blanket. Will keep her busy. She's 10 years of age. Always wanting to do something with fabric.

Great! Maybe when she makes a rug you can post it! Would Love to see!