Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Easy Shower Game (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/easy-shower-game-t163180.html)

butter 10-25-2011 01:52 PM

It was decided today that we would have an impromto baby shower for a coworker on Thursday during lunch. Any ideas for something quick and easy for me and fun for my coworkers? I was told to do anything but NO game that involved candy bars. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

traumaRN 10-25-2011 01:54 PM

This has nothing to do with babies, but I always thought it would be a good game to download pictures of car emblems and guess which company they belonged to. There are a ton of them and I bet it would be tricky.

QuiltnNan 10-25-2011 01:59 PM

i love the one in which a roll of toilet paper is passed with the only instruction being "take as much as you think you will need". then, after everyone has taken various lengths, the instruction is now given to make a bow for the new baby :lol:

leiladylei54 10-25-2011 02:09 PM

We've taken a bowl of uncooked rice and pour some small closed safety pins in it and mix it up. Blindfolded people then stick one hand in and pull out as many safety pins as they can in a measured amount of time....like 30 seconds. It's not easy to pick those safety pins out without looking and one hand. The one with the most safety pins wins.

Take a roll of ribbon and ask each person to pull off as much ribbon as they think will be the right size when wrapped around the expectant mother....around her waist and the widest part of her belly. Who ever is closest wins.

Becka 10-25-2011 02:16 PM

We always have a blast with the diaper one. You get a bunch of different candy bars, and put about an bite's worth in a napkin or bit of paper plate decorated like an open diaper. You microwave them just a FEW seconds so they're soft and mix just a tad so you can't really tell what kind of candy bar it is. Then people smell them and see how many candy bars they can guess correctly.

nativetexan 10-25-2011 02:27 PM

and have a tape measure on hand to measure the Mom to Be's tummy. everyone has to guess what it is. closest wins.

RenaB 10-25-2011 02:37 PM

Make a ribbon for each person and each time someone says BABY, whoever calls them out gets their ribbon. If they have won other peoples ribbons, well, they lose them too.

At the end of the shower the person with the most ribbons win.

Try not to say baby at a baby shower is harder than you think! :)

Barbm 10-25-2011 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by RenaB
Make a ribbon for each person and each time someone says BABY, whoever calls them out gets their ribbon. If they have won other peoples ribbons, well, they lose them too.

At the end of the shower the person with the most ribbons win.

Try not to say baby at a baby shower is harder than you think! :)

we do this with clothes pins. Clip them where everyone can see them, then collect if someone says baby.

Kim Bohannon 10-25-2011 02:41 PM

oh, hand out pieces of paper and pens or pencils, have everyone draw a baby but they have to do it on top of thier head... you give instructions like, first draw baby's head... pick up your pincil... now draw baby's face, pick up pencil... etc.. finished artwork is hilarious!

KS quilter 10-25-2011 03:19 PM

Went to a baby shower couple weeks ago,. Divided up in two
groups and asked some appropriate questions..whichever side
gets the right answer first gets a 'point'
The one that 'got' me. Question: How are you suppose to
cut baby's fingernails?" Answer: Bite them off.
I've had 5 kiddos and never, ever heard that.