Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Embrillance Essentials versus Convert it MAC (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/embrillance-essentials-versus-convert-mac-t257421.html)

quilter711 11-27-2014 10:11 AM

Embrillance Essentials versus Convert it MAC

I would like to view on my MAC embroidery files .PES and download to a flash drive to sew on Brother PE770. Does anyone have any suggestions for the easiest, trouble free software to purchase? Thank you in advance for helping and a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

mermaid 11-27-2014 02:36 PM

I use Embrilliance Thumbnailer to view my designs on Windows--it is also compatible with Mac. I transfer designs to flash drive from my desktop, take to my laptop---from there I write to a floppy or card (with PE Design or PE Basic). Someone representing the Embrilliance programs just stated on another forum that "you cannot transfer designs to USB drive" I'm glad I didn't know this before, because I've been doing it since it was installed. I love the program for quickly seeing what the images are before making selections.

Gerbie 11-29-2014 04:25 AM

Lol Don't you just love it when you find out you can't do something that you have successfully been doing for some time.
Looks like you know something they don't, maybe you should let them in on your secret.

MaggieLou 11-29-2014 06:48 AM

I load .pes designs to a thumb drive for my PE-770 all the time. I've bought them from several places and not had any trouble. The only problem is if you load too many designs on the thumb drive they won't appear on the machine when you scroll through the designs.

shasta5718 11-29-2014 09:54 AM

I have had sewiconz for years , It is inexpensive and does a great job. google it and see if it will go in your mac. Good luck.

quilter711 11-30-2014 11:18 AM

Mermaid - you are beyond amazing! You get my vote. I have found Stitch Buddy for MAC computers that has a free trial offer and is inexpensive if you purchase. The developer of the software lives in Germany, Matthias, is extremely detailed helpful. He is quick to respond after researching your sew machine with his software with what it will do and any limitations. Not affiliated - going to try this when I get a machine with computer or flash drive capable.

mermaid 11-30-2014 04:42 PM

Aw. shucks quilter711, I'm not running for anything! :o But I give you a :thumbup: for getting your PE Basic to work. And re the images of designs, I love the Thumbnailer because I can go to my folder and there they all are, making it to easy to browse, look and select. When I download a freebie in a zipped folder, I open and my .pes is easy to recognize cause it is an image. However you can set the thumbnailer to show all formats, if you like. I couldn't live without it and enjoy my hobby so much. I don't have to open a program (like Basic)..I can view the design in my Downloads file and send to My Documents site, or get rid of it right there, if I don't like it.

quilter711 11-30-2014 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by mermaid (Post 6989852)
Aw. shucks quilter711, I'm not running for anything! :o But I give you a :thumbup: for getting your PE Basic to work. And re the images of designs, I love the Thumbnailer because I can go to my folder and there they all are, making it to easy to browse, look and select. When I download a freebie in a zipped folder, I open and my .pes is easy to recognize cause it is an image. However you can set the thumbnailer to show all formats, if you like. I couldn't live without it and enjoy my hobby so much. I don't have to open a program (like Basic)..I can view the design in my Downloads file and send to My Documents site, or get rid of it right there, if I don't like it.

Mermaid - what sewing machine are you using? Sounds like a wonderful set up that you have mastered even more than the developer - way to go girl. You are running for Embroidery Queen/computer guru - got my vote!

Neesie 11-30-2014 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by mermaid (Post 6986395)
I use Embrilliance Thumbnailer to view my designs on Windows--it is also compatible with Mac. I transfer designs to flash drive from my desktop, take to my laptop---from there I write to a floppy or card (with PE Design or PE Basic). Someone representing the Embrilliance programs just stated on another forum that "you cannot transfer designs to USB drive" I'm glad I didn't know this before, because I've been doing it since it was installed. I love the program for quickly seeing what the images are before making selections.

Oh, so that must be why some embroidery machines (like PE 770) have USB ports. :p They're there just to tease us! :D

mermaid 12-01-2014 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by quilter711 (Post 6989904)
Mermaid - what sewing machine are you using? Sounds like a wonderful set up that you have mastered even more than the developer - way to go girl. You are running for Embroidery Queen/computer guru - got my vote!

9 s. machines--but I think you may be asking about embroidery? I have 3 Brother machines--2 combo ULT 2003 D, and a Bro Snoopy machine...an emb only. I work with P E Design v5, have P E Basic, & a Magic Box ..all of which are defunct once my WinXP is given up. That's why I have Win7 Pro sitting in the corner ready to switch to because it can have XP installed in virtual mose. Then all my programs will work! I can't get along without my Pulse Ambassador and My Editor programs. I have others, like Embrilliance Thumbnailer, that will not be affected by loss of XP. I've been in such angst over the end of support for that OS, that I've struggles to learn all my pea brain will absorb. Still feel that I'm and staggering thru the dark. I LOVE to sew and I LOVE my embroidery, and I just can't and won't put out thousands of $$ for new software. So call me ''tightwad'' or whatever...I don't care! I'll be this way till my toes turn up.