Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Embroidery machine question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/embroidery-machine-question-t272563.html)

GEMRM 11-22-2015 04:08 PM

Embroidery machine question

OK,
I'm looking for some help here please!
I have a new embroidery machine that I have hardly used other than the beginner/learning classes several months ago, and one label I made in the spring.
So today, I pull it out to make a label for a quilt and no matter what I do, the embroidery unit insists on starting the embroidery too far to the right, such that it would hit the right edge of the frame if I let it sew.
I have tried changing designs, reloading designs, different hoop sizes. In the event that the problem was related to "my designing" vs the machine, I choose a design that was prepopulated in the machine library and set it up per the screen directions to sew it - it too wanted to start too far to the right (coincidentally almost exactly the same place).
I cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong, and I have abandoned a stitched label for this quilt due to time constraints.
My dealer is 90 minutes away, and they are closed today and Mondays......

Any ideas or thoughts appreciated. The machine is a Husqvarna Designer Ruby Royale

Thanking all of you in advance for any help....

GEMRM

quiltingcandy 11-22-2015 04:35 PM

What is your machine? What is the brand and model?

One time I had something similar happen and it turned out my machine was too close to a wall and the hoop was hitting the wall.

maryb119 11-22-2015 04:45 PM

Try using a bigger hoop.

Feather3 11-22-2015 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by GEMRM (Post 7384065)
OK,
I'm looking for some help here please!
I have a new embroidery machine that I have hardly used other than the beginner/learning classes several months ago, and one label I made in the spring.
So today, I pull it out to make a label for a quilt and no matter what I do, the embroidery unit insists on starting the embroidery too far to the right, such that it would hit the right edge of the frame if I let it sew.
I have tried changing designs, reloading designs, different hoop sizes. In the event that the problem was related to "my designing" vs the machine, I choose a design that was prepopulated in the machine library and set it up per the screen directions to sew it - it too wanted to start too far to the right (coincidentally almost exactly the same place).
I cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong, and I have abandoned a stitched label for this quilt due to time constraints.
My dealer is 90 minutes away, and they are closed today and Mondays......

Any ideas or thoughts appreciated. The machine is a Husqvarna Designer Ruby Royale

Thanking all of you in advance for any help....

GEMRM

It sounds like you need to calibrate your hoop. You should have a icon that positions the center of the design in the center of the hoop. If the center of a pre-loaded design is not in the center of your hoop, then it's off & needs calibrated. Check your owners manual & see if you can find instructions on that. It usually requires going into the machine settings/tools/etc. Depends on your machine.

Otherwise it could be your machine/embroidery unit got knocked out of time, which would require a trip to your dealer.

mjkgquilt 11-22-2015 08:56 PM

Check your label on your computer -- is it centered in the hoop? If your label is centered in the hoop, re-calibrate your embroidery arm. Your manual will tell you what to do. I have a HV Designer Diamond.

notmorecraft 11-23-2015 06:33 AM

I have a Ruby and you also need to select the hoop size you are using.

romanojg 11-23-2015 07:57 AM

Try turning off your machine for a few minutes and then turn it back on. The machine will first calibrate it, now my machine will tell me if my design won't fit my hoop but all may not so make sure you have the correct hoop selected and also make sure your hoop is all the way in the slots. Like I said, some machines tell you these things others do not. Most of the time when my goes off balance like this is because the hoop has hit something and misaligned it. Shutting off would be the first thing to try.

Grannyh67 11-23-2015 08:15 AM

I have a Husqvarna Designer Diamond Royale and mine tells me what hoop to use, it wont work with the wrong hoop, it sounds like yours has been knocked out of calibration some how. Look at your book and see if you can calibrate the screen. I can mine. If that don't solve your problem you will have to take it in.

GEMRM 11-23-2015 11:30 AM

The embroidery unit has been calibrated each attempt and the hoop is the size the machine selected based on my design. I have not knocked the unit and it isn't encountering any obstructions.
Thank you for all these ideas though.
I will check about centering the design, I thought I had done that but maybe not.....

donna13350 11-23-2015 02:49 PM

Are you sure it's just not taking a tacking stitch before it starts? Also..if you have checked the option to baste the design, the machine will put down a basting stitch just inside your frame all the way around, then move to the center and start your design.
Next time you set it up and it positions itself too far to the right, take your hand wheel and slowly rotate it to see if the needle will actually touch your frame, or if it will land just inside.
If it touches...check your needle position..you may have it set to the right?
If it doesn't touch, let it stitch..slowly..and see what it's doing..on scraps first.