Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Embroidery machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/embroidery-machine-t287434.html)

Pete 04-10-2017 11:24 AM

Embroidery machine

I need help. I am computer illiterate (why did I buy thiis machine?) and would like to download a pattern. Is there anywhere i can find a tutorial on how to do it? Plus i have several that are downloaded on an USB stick and when i put it in my computer I could not bring them up. i am clueless!!

Eva Knight 04-10-2017 11:52 AM

You will need a program to see the designs. I use basic embird. There are other programs, but I don't about those. If you bought the machine through a dealer they should help you.

romanojg 04-10-2017 11:52 AM

Too little information given. There are many ways to download designs and to view them. Depending on what type of emb machine you have, software (if any). The board has lots of knowledgeable people on it and they love to help but we need more info.

mermaid 04-11-2017 03:24 AM

Any pattern downloads are just a click and select which folder it should go to. Have you tried? You should get a pop-up window for choosing the folder. When you find the design and open it (it might be in a folder or a zip) you cannot see the image w/o viewing software. There are many, but start with a free one, <cite style="FONT-STYLE: normal; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto">http://www.wingssystems.com/index.php/products/myeditor/
Don't know what operating system, or machine you have, so more info would be helpful. Do you know the emb format your machine uses?
</cite>

farmquilter 04-11-2017 04:38 AM

mermaid I agree about starting with my editor, I got it and needed major help. Emailed them and all went great in no time at all.
Pete hope all goes well with your embroidery machine, they are wonderful to have.

Pete 04-11-2017 02:03 PM

Bernina.... exp format. I want tompurchase a design and download it to my usb stick... do i just pick design and then insert usb and drag to it?

quiltingcandy 04-11-2017 09:47 PM

Which Bernina machine do you have? There is no click and drag to the process.

When you buy a design, you can download it to any place you want. an example when you buy from the Embroidery Library, you find the design you want, put it in your cart, once paid for you will see the download buttons. You can send it to your e-mail, or you can save it straight to your USB. You click on the download button and it asks if you want to save it, I click on "Save As" and the box opens and you need to determine where you want it - so you find your USB, name the design and hit save again. I don't know the Bernina machines, but as long as you have downloaded the design in the correct extension, your Bernina should be able to read it. Your computer will not be able to read it unless you get an embroidery program.

If the design file is a zip file, (which means there are a bunch of designs for the one price) you will need to extract the files. If you do not have an embroidery program you may not be able to do it. Embroidery Library will let you download the designs one at a time but you have to "expand pack" the file. I am not sure if other sites will do it or not.

I do not have any affiliation with the Embroidery Library, just using them as an example.

Hope this information is helpful. You are welcome to PM me and maybe I can help you walk thru your process.

Feather3 04-12-2017 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 7802636)
Bernina.... exp format. I want tompurchase a design and download it to my usb stick... do i just pick design and then insert usb and drag to it?

To bring designs up in your computer you need an embroidery software program. Bernina has 2 different embroidery software programs. One is free. It is called ArtLink. It allows limited editing of designs. The other is expensive & allows you vast editing options. These programs also set up the design so your machine can read & stitch it out.

The free program you can download off Bernina's site: https://www.bernina.com/en-US/Produc.../ArtLink-Seven

I'll try to do this step by step for you:

1.Make a folder in your computer (either on desktop or in your "C" drive) to download purchased or free designs. You can have many folders within that folder. Name your folder.

2. When you are ready to download the pruchased or free design, locate the folder you made & save the design(s) to it. Choose unzipped if possible.

3.Open your embroidery program. Click the folder icon at top left & locate the file. Highlight the design & click open.

4. Do whatever editing you want, then save the changes......

5. To save an edited design click "file" at top left, click save as, rename your design & save it back to the same folder or a different folder for edited designs. I do it this way to keep the original design.

6. To load a design onto a USB stick, that your machine can read for stitch out....open your embroidery program, then click the folder icon at top left, locate the design, open the design in your embroidery program & then click file at top left, click save as (a window opens), save as type, then choose USB (EXP), then click save. The design is now on your USB stick & can be read by your machine.

Pete 04-12-2017 04:18 AM

Thank you for the info.

lwbuchholz 04-12-2017 04:42 AM

Feather3 I want to thank you for that wonderful listing. I am planning on buying an embroidery machine and I think I will need those instructions too. I love that there are such great people on this board!!!
Lynda