Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Fabshophop for August 2021 - are you participating? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/fabshophop-august-2021-you-participating-t316042.html)

lindadee 08-04-2021 11:19 AM

Fabshophop for August 2021 - are you participating?

Some of the bunnies I've found have said they are "bonus" bunnies. Does this mean there is more than one at that particular site? Also, I see that 2 of the shops are labelled "not available". I've searched them anyway, looking for the bunnies, to no avail, and am just wondering if those shops are no longer participating. Not sure where to go or how to get answers to my questions.
Two other sites I've searched and searched and haven't been able to find the bunnies, though the shop says it's participating are: Big Sky Quilts and Adirondack Quilts. Anybody have any luck with those 2?

dunster 08-04-2021 03:46 PM

I've never done the fabshophop. Is it really worth the time? Would love to hear if people have received prizes (assuming that's how it works) and how much time they've invested. I'm afraid if I got on those websites I might lose focus on the bunnies and start looking at the pretty fabric instead. Isn't that how it's supposed to work? (Squirrel!)

lindadee 08-04-2021 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 8500202)
I've never done the fabshophop. Is it really worth the time? Would love to hear if people have received prizes (assuming that's how it works) and how much time they've invested. I'm afraid if I got on those websites I might lose focus on the bunnies and start looking at the pretty fabric instead. Isn't that how it's supposed to work? (Squirrel!)

You are right that it is not a cost effective use of time, but I've found some interesting stuff, good bargains and great new online shops. I usually do it in the evenings while we watch TV :) I have won a couple of times - just $10 gift certificates, but still it's something :)
Most of the bunnies are easy to find because of the clues the shops provide. I realize it's not for everybody :)

ctrysass2012 08-04-2021 06:34 PM

I've been doing it for a while. It is interesting to see what other shops have. Yes, you can get a bit lost looking at fabric etc. but there's no rush. I have won a few $10 cert. at certain stores & a 1/2 yd pack of cream fabrics. The "not available" might show up later in the month. I usually go thru, find what I can then go back over those I didn't find. If truly stuck you can ask here.

cashs_mom 08-04-2021 06:44 PM

I do the Fab Shop Hop almost every month. As others have said, it's a good way to find great online retailers. I've won several $10 certificates and one fabric pack (layer cake). Its fun an something better to do with my tv time than look at FB. The bonus bunnies make you eligible for some other prizes, as I remember. It tells you on the website. The "not available" just means that they haven't put the bunny on their site yet. It will show up later in the month.

lindadee 08-05-2021 12:09 PM

Thank you, Patrice :)

lindadee 08-05-2021 12:09 PM

Thank you :)