Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   fabshophop (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/fabshophop-t247468.html)

quiltin-nannie 05-27-2014 08:52 AM

fabshophop

I was just reading another thread about the shop hop and went and signed up. I was looking to see if there were a certain number of shops we had to find the bunny to be eligible to win prizes, but I didn't see anything. If we only find one bunny, are we eligible to win something? I'm wearing my "dense" cap today and nothing is registering! Thanks for any help you can give me!

Sewfine 05-27-2014 09:20 AM

Click on the icon that reads "Fab Shop Hops" then "Rules".

quiltin-nannie 05-27-2014 03:20 PM

Thanks! I didn't even see the "rules" link when I was there. Just read them, and I guess this isn't for me. I don't have the time or patience to go to 125 shops looking for a bunny. Good luck to all who do participate!

Roberta 05-28-2014 05:08 AM

I "assign" myself a certain number of shops to complete in one day. That way it doesn't take up too much of my time and I get to visit shops I might never have checked out. I have won several times, usually a small amount at any one shop and it's a great ploy because I always ended up spending more there then what the prize amount was.

Elisabrat 05-28-2014 05:39 AM

I go when I feel like it :) its a great way to see different shops, different prices on same things :) and well to learn something. I also love the free patterns offered by many. I never pay for a pattern if I don't have to and there are some beautiful patterns up for grabs so it makes it worth it. I can do about 20 then I get pooped out!

willferg 05-28-2014 07:03 AM

I like getting to see different shops, too, but I always *want* to finish all 125, but that is just too many stores for me. I wish they'd limit it to 75 and then do it monthly or for two weeks or whatever. I know it would be more work for the organizers, but I just don't have the patience for all 125. After awhile everything looks the same and I just frustrated with the companies who hide the bunny too well!

toverly 05-28-2014 09:23 AM

I did the same thing, I signed up and then went egad! when it said the number of shops. It turns something fun into something that's a chore (for me).

oldtisme 05-28-2014 01:37 PM

Roberta, I'm glad to hear you've won a couple of times, this is my 2nd month of doing the hop so you gave me hope. I'm finding it fun to earmark some shops with fabrics I might use later and finding some good sales along the way.

MargeD 05-28-2014 02:14 PM

My DH thinks I'm crazy to do the Shop Hop every month, but it's fun and I've won 4 or 5 $10 gift certificates to various quilts, that to me is worth it.

ckcowl 05-28-2014 02:38 PM

I've been participating in the hops for more than 10 years now- I have won quite a few times over the years- gift certificates, patterns one time I won a yard piece of each fabric in a whole collection- wound up with 15 yards of free wonderful fabric! it seems 'daunting' at times but you have the whole month- if you check on the first & find that there are 139 shops in that month's hop- divide that by the 30 days in the month- you only need to find 4-5 shops a day- most shops give clues making it easy to find the bunny so you might find 10 or 12 in a matter of minutes and be a couple days ahead. often there are 'bonus bunnies' too- so you are registered for even more prizes- plus many of the shops have special monthly drawings for signing up for their newsletter- I've won lots of other prizes outside the hop from that...you find shops that carry items you've never seen anywhere else, you find great deals...if you don't let the 'total number' overwhelm you before you even give it a shot you find it is not near as time consuming as visiting this site. :)