Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   face book (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/face-book-t38631.html)

quilterj 03-04-2010 04:40 PM

Does anyone know how you can (how can i put this) uninstall yourself from face book?

ilovequilts 03-04-2010 05:40 PM

go to "Account"
Select "Account Settings"
at the bottom it says "Deactivate Account"
Click that and bing bang boom you're done!

quilterj 03-04-2010 06:28 PM

Thanks

shaverg 03-04-2010 08:09 PM

That will just deactivate. But if you want to be completely removed, you have to email them. When I got hacked through facebook they completely removed me, their is a difference. If you decide to reactivate, some of you stuff will still be there. If they remove you, everything is totally removed.

quilterj 03-05-2010 02:44 AM

[quote=shaverg]That will just deactivate. But if you want to be completely removed, you have to email them. When I got hacked through facebook they completely removed me, their is a difference. If you decide to reactivate, some of you stuff will still be there. If they remove you, everything is totally removed.[/quoe]

Where do I go to email them? As long as I am not activated does everyone still see my pictures and friends?

Minda 03-05-2010 04:32 AM

What happens when you get hacked through Facebook?

shaverg 03-05-2010 08:10 AM

They take complete control of you Facebook account, Photo, address book of family and friends and password. They make it impossible to get back into you facebook account to change you password and get it back. They send everyone in your address book through chat a notice that you have been injured on vacation and need money wired immediately, they tell where to wire it. It is awful. I had friends call me to let me know what was happening. But some of my family, when they could not get through were really panicked. Because everything is going to the hackers. It is a mess.

Originally Posted by Minda
What happens when you get hacked through Facebook?

Chasing Hawk 03-05-2010 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by shaverg
That will just deactivate. But if you want to be completely removed, you have to email them. When I got hacked through facebook they completely removed me, their is a difference. If you decide to reactivate, some of you stuff will still be there. If they remove you, everything is totally removed.

That is one of the reasons I don't use those sites. Another is I really detest places like that. Too many seedy people lurking about. It's fine for families and friends. But everyone wants you to add them...kinda icky...lol

shaverg 03-05-2010 04:46 PM

I know, I wish it was more protected. I hate it that my all my family is on and that is the only place they have their photos and I can't see them unless I join again.

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk

Originally Posted by shaverg

That is one of the reasons I don't use those sites. Another is I really detest places like that. Too many seedy people lurking about. It's fine for families and friends. But everyone wants you to add them...kinda icky...lol