Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Facebook groups ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/facebook-groups-t256558.html)

lfstamper 11-09-2014 09:09 PM

Facebook groups ?

Any body sell fabric on a facebook group? I recently jojned quilting clasdified and had good results. Just curious if others are trying this?

Thanks.

Granchris 11-09-2014 09:19 PM

I know about Sew It's For Sale. I'd be curious if there is one with Accuquilt Dies out there. They are so expensive and with the new policy of not letting shop owners discount I am always looking for used.

Geri B 11-10-2014 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Granchris (Post 6962815)
I know about Sew It's For Sale. I'd be curious if there is one with Accuquilt Dies out there. They are so expensive and with the new policy of not letting shop owners discount I am always looking for used.

Agree with dislike of that new policy....I bought a Sizzix big shot recently to supplement...the dies are more reasonable and hobby lobby honors their coupon with purchase!

alleyoop1 11-10-2014 05:22 AM

Good to know Geri B. I too bought a Sizzix Big Shot recently (used) and don't have any cutting blades for it yet. Will have to make a trip to HL soon and do some shopping. I bought it for my second passion (quilting is #1) and that is making candle mats and mug rugs with wool felt. Many designs use "pennies" and I wanted the Big Shot to cut wool felt. But now I need a circle die!

lfstamper 11-10-2014 10:11 AM

I have seen accu dies on Quilting classified. there is also two groups - fabric destashing and fabric deals and steals. Facebook groups you need to join but simple rules and good responses there too.

Any one else have a favorite?

DonnaC 11-11-2014 08:03 AM

Sew Its for Sale is a huge group... but they have about a million arbitrary RULES about what you can and cannot do when posting items for sale. I'm about to give up on them because they keep rejecting my posts. And the issues with photos are even worse. With the new Yahoo Groups Neo, it takes more steps to post each photo because of the group's rules about how the photos must be labeled (of course, that's not the moderator's fault, it's Yahoo's fault). Just this past weekend I spent two hours posting photos and the moderator just deleted them all because my post was "unacceptable" to them. I will check out the FB groups because there has to be an easier way. :(

ligia 11-11-2014 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by alleyoop1 (Post 6963048)
Good to know Geri B. I too bought a Sizzix Big Shot recently (used) and don't have any cutting blades for it yet. Will have to make a trip to HL soon and do some shopping. I bought it for my second passion (quilting is #1) and that is making candle mats and mug rugs with wool felt. Many designs use "pennies" and I wanted the Big Shot to cut wool felt. But now I need a circle die!

I understand Sizzix Originals Red dies runs on Big Shot. I´ve seen many used on ebay

damaquilts 11-12-2014 06:05 PM

I bought some fabric from Quilting classified and had no problems and loved the fabric and shipping was pretty quick,