Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Facebook vs Quilting Board (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/facebook-vs-quilting-board-t98045.html)

amandasgramma 02-10-2011 07:32 PM

I use I-Google for my home page. I have tabs at the top of the page....one for e-mail, one for quilting board, another for longarmforun, and one for facebook. I bounce between those so much I get dizzy!!!!

JeanDal 02-10-2011 07:33 PM

LOL! I do both at the same time.

grandmak13231 02-10-2011 08:08 PM

I do both as I don't get my QB messages until the evening. But I have see what everyone is doing before I go to bed so I'm up late everynight. But I can sleep in the next morning, I just turn the alarm off at 6:00am when it rings.

Maurene 02-10-2011 08:33 PM

Haven't tried FB quilt group but don't think I have any more time for the net, and am thrilled with everyone and all the gorgeous quilt shows I have here every day!

madamekelly 02-10-2011 09:14 PM

Me too! I quit all the games I used to play, too.

linhawk 02-10-2011 09:27 PM

Yep. Dumped Facebook.

Fran Juern 02-11-2011 05:01 AM

I think I too am addicted to QB. First thing in the morning (in case I missed something the night before. Great information! Also enjoy the notes from people whether they are informative, funny and even sometimes sad. Shows you that whatever you are going thru, there is someone someplace with the same problems

Psychomomquilter 02-11-2011 05:43 AM

I can only get info about my son on Face book, he doesn't email me. He is the one heading for Iraq today, and I only found that out when I got onto facebook last week!

As for this quilting board, all of you have been great to me, when I have/had a problem you chipped in and gave me sound advice, and this was just recently. and oh my! the quilting stuff I need help with?? ha! you girls do it for me! give me advice , the friendship is great here, haven't found another quilting or crocheting link that practically bends over backward to help others.

Facebook does take a lot of my time, especially when I need to find out about my family,
I'd much rather be on the quilting link than anywhere, friendly, helpful, so much going on here! and fun!

sherriequilts 02-11-2011 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by mcbride4362
I get up a 30-45 minutes earlier in the morning (5 a.m.) just so I can read this before I go to work. I'm addicted and I haven't started cutting my first quilt yet....BUT, I have bought material for THREE quilts already. Just trying to get the courage up!

you can do it! I think this place has really energized me and encouraged me-I have done 3 three quilts in the last month and working on two more! wish I knew how to post pics to show them!

SewMamaw 02-11-2011 06:52 AM

Facebook never has done much for me but occasionally I'll check in there. Love this place and everyone in it!