Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Facebook vs Quilting Board (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/facebook-vs-quilting-board-t98045.html)

susie0808 02-09-2011 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by thequiltmama
I don't even own a facebook page. I figure all of the people I want to stay in contact with, I do. And the rest I don't think need to know my business. I love this place,..... my husband told me that I am addicted. I told him, no...I just love the wonderful helpful nice people and that keeps me happy :-)

added later....but I do know once my kids are teens I will have to have facebook to keep track of what they aren't telling me :-)

I agree with you totally. As for your second comment...My husband has FB and he keeps track of our kids! 16 and 21. If DH doesn't like what their posting they take it down!

litacats 02-09-2011 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Same here!!! I think my Facebook friends think I fell off the face of the earth!!!
I just love it here!!! :D:D

DITTO

pippa 02-09-2011 04:53 AM

added later....but I do know once my kids are teens I will have to have facebook to keep track of what they aren't telling me :-)[/quote]

Recently discovered from fb that DD2 has dyed her hair bright pink! 8-) Currently using fb to keep in touch with friend in Egypt as sms are not getting through. Otherwise I spend 90% of my internet time on here.
Pippa

ptquilts 02-09-2011 05:14 AM

I look at FB some 90% of the news is from people I don't really care about. THey seem to post A LOT, family not so much.
If you don't want to get viruses etc, don't click on any of those things people send you, "Click if you love Jesus", etc. - a LOT of them are dangerous - people just spread them around without checking on them.

Valerie Scherr 02-09-2011 05:16 AM

do the same here ...

luvstitches 02-09-2011 05:19 AM

I don't have a FB and plan on never getting one.
I don't care what people are doing i.e. what they had for dinner, who they don't like, etc.
I do realize that it is nice to have when kids live all over the US and it's a good way to keep in touch but I still wont get one.

Lacelady 02-09-2011 05:37 AM

I signed up with FB at the request of my GD, but I tried usuing if for about a week and I hated it and haven't used it for over 4 years, and I'm still getting odd requests to be somebody's friend. If I could work out how to delete myself from it, I would.

maryb119 02-09-2011 06:48 AM

I have a FB page but I'm rarely on it. I like this board so much better.

dungeonquilts 02-09-2011 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by cla8655
well I just to like fb until I found this quilting board, here everyone is into the samething, we all help each other and no one insults any one. I fell like I belong here, thanks to you all, and there is no privacy in fb

Ditto on this posting.....FB is okay and I have it..however, the privacy and some of the things said on FB should not be public displayed or posted. One FB friend post things about sex and that is one subject to me should NOT be posted or discussed...I love that delete key!!

mltquilt 02-09-2011 10:02 AM

I still use facebook to keep up with the grandkids and GGD but I seldom post anything there. I spend most of my computer time on QB. Maybe too much time.

mltquilt