Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Fall is here!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/fall-here-t28409.html)

tlrnhi 11-09-2009 03:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It posted twice, so I got rid of one....

quiltwoman 11-09-2009 03:39 AM

What a wonderful surprise! Did I spy some Charlie Brown fabric in there too?? :wink:

tlrnhi 11-09-2009 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by quiltwoman
What a wonderful surprise! Did I spy some Charlie Brown fabric in there too?? :wink:

Yes! That is Charlie Brown fabric! Too cute, huh?
I've never seen it before!
IT'S THE GREAT PUMPKIN, CHARLIE BROWN!! LOL

sandpat 11-09-2009 05:44 AM

So glad it got there and you like it! Karla did all the work...all I did was offer a few thoughts. (I'm always up for offering an opinion :lol: )...It was a great box though, wasn't it?? :lol: :lol:

tlrnhi 11-09-2009 05:50 AM

Patti.....it's a WONDERFUL box!
Can't you see me grinning?
I don't think that grin will come off my face for a while. :D
It's just awesome and Karla picked out just the right things.
She also had her students helping her too. She said they picked the leaves for the box. They did very well at that job! The pretty colors on those leaves are just too much! I so miss Fall!!

Barbm 11-09-2009 07:39 AM

How neat! Now let's see if you can get snow without the box going soggy....

tlrnhi 11-09-2009 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Barbm
How neat! Now let's see if you can get snow without the box going soggy....

Hubby did ask if anyone would try to send me a box of snow. lol
I told him that I wouldn't place a bet on that. If I did, someone would try to send it to me. lmao

Barbm 11-09-2009 08:54 AM

I've seen "fake snow" in magazines. Thought about sending some to GS in NV. He doesn't remember snow- he was only a baby the last time he was here in winter.

I sent him a bucket of snowballs last year- little fuzzy pompoms in a bucket. And snowmen magnets for the the fridge.

Enjoy your fall- it's weird- I knew EXACTLY what you were smelling- I could "picture" it in my brain.

barnbum 11-09-2009 03:18 PM

Hi Terri--I'm so glad the box of Fall gave you so much joy. You send so much stuff to my classes--and even an individual post card to each one from Australia--I knew it was time for you to receive something. :D

How were your pancakes?

tlrnhi 11-09-2009 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Hi Terri--I'm so glad the box of Fall gave you so much joy. You send so much stuff to my classes--and even an individual post card to each one from Australia--I knew it was time for you to receive something. :D

How were your pancakes?

Karla...you really didn't have to, but I"m glad you did!! :) :)
I enjoy sending the kids things. I know some of them would never or will never experience things like that, so just sending them a card, will spark a reminder when they get older. I just remember my nephews faces the first time they saw the ocean. They couldn't believe how big it was. When collecting shells and it was time to go, they dropped all of them because they didn't know they could have kept them. I was just amazed that they just didn't know something like that.....

Well, we didn't have pancakes. I'll make them tonight. Courtney wanted meatloaf.