Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Fallen Arches and Foot Pain (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/fallen-arches-foot-pain-t40916.html)

marsye 03-27-2010 05:41 PM

I have fallen arches and alot of foot pain. My mother told me since I was a teenager to wear better shoes or I was going to have problems, well she was right! All of a sudden I'm having alot of trouble walking. I wore flat shoes all my life with no arch support and went bare foot at home all the time. I hate shoes with a passion! So any of you have this problem? What do you do? I've tried the store bought inserts but they don't seem to help.

quazyquilter 03-27-2010 05:43 PM

get some Johnson's foot powder, pour an envelope of it in hot water, soak your feet til water gets lukewarm, dry them off and feel the difference.. :shock: :thumbup:

Lisanne 03-27-2010 05:46 PM

See a podiatrist.

Buy shoes with good built-in arches. For around the house, maybe some Dr. Scholl's Better-than-Barefoot slip-ons or Birkenstocks.

Or buy some arch supports (after you check with the foot doctor).

quilterj 03-27-2010 05:59 PM

Oh I know the feeling. I have flat feet. One foot as a small arch. The best thing is to get arch supports. I have been to the foot doc. I also get bone spurs from time to time and get a cortizone shot. They recommend that they make the arch supports. Right now my situation I can't afford my part even after the insurance.

marsye 03-27-2010 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by quilterj
Oh I know the feeling. I have flat feet. One foot as a small arch. The best thing is to get arch supports. I have been to the foot doc. I also get bone spurs from time to time and get a cortizone shot. They recommend that they make the arch supports. Right now my situation I can't afford my part even after the insurance.

Thanks for the replies. Thats what I'm wondering about. I've heard that special made shoes are over 200.00. I'm also wondering if good arch supports would do the same as special made shoes.

quilterj 03-27-2010 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by marsye

Thanks for the replies. Thats what I'm wondering about. I've heard that special made shoes are over 200.00. I'm also wondering if good arch supports would do the same as special made shoes.

My foot doctor said that my share after the insurance for the arch supports is 200 to 400 dollars. I bnever heard of them making special shoes.

marsye 03-27-2010 06:09 PM

oops

marsye 03-27-2010 06:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Has anyone ever used the Dr. Scholl's measurement system (the machine you stand on) with good results?

marsye 03-27-2010 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by marsye

My foot doctor said that my share after the insurance for the arch supports is 200 to 400 dollars. I bnever heard of them making special shoes.

WOW!! A chiropractor I went to a few times told me about the shoes but they were very expensive.
:thumbdown:

JJs 03-27-2010 06:17 PM

well, I have plantar fasciatis or however you spell it...
tried Avia and New Balance shoes (which I do wear when I have to)with and without inserts, etc but finally decided to try Crocs since I'm also on the diabetes list on yahoo and several people talked about how comfortable they are..
I've always thought they were ugly as sin (still do) BUT....
I got some of the "Relief" ones that are made for foot pain AND I CAN WALK..
how about that....

I also have some of the Silver Cloud ones for diabetics but prefer the Relief ones...

If you have a Croc outlet nearby (we drive over 100 miles to get to one) you can try them out...
Now, DO NOT buy el cheapo ripoffs from Walmart and expect them to fit like Relief Crocs - take my word for it - no comparison...